the Rift

Hello Darkness My Old Friend

Nato Posts: 84
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: 13 Buff: NOVICE
Candy

Hastily the large shadow beast moved in a smooth gallop across the rolling meadows, feathery limbs slicing through the reeds. Muscles rippling like the oceans tide under a black canvass sheen, while hooves like blunt daggers digging into the dry soil creating a soft dust cloud to form in a trail behind him. He was headed home again or at least as close to home as he has ever had. In his long life, he had seen many places and hasn't stayed in any quite as long as this. Muscles rolled slowly to a halt, ink lobe frisking forth as crimson pools glow with delight falling upon the forest border of Helovia. His journey had been rough on tired bones, lips parched for a refreshing drink. Memories from his time spent in those towering timbers came flooding in, remembering names, faces.. those who had lost the battle with the darkness when it plagued over the lands. Hours of his time spent lurking in the timbers, searching for those who had become lost, who needed to find their way home.

Obsidian chest heaved a deep breath, the welcoming scent of oak and pine filling his lungs. Crimson pools closing momentarily as he gently pushed forward down the hill. Somewhere, he knew, there was a small stream that ran through these woods. It had been a while since he had a refreshing drink to take the heat off his lips. He looked a mess, silken obsidian fibers twisted and matted with dirt and dust from his travels. Normally cream hooves doused in muck and dirt. He would never admit it, but he was tired. Very, tired. At his age, spending days moving across all types of soil wasn't easy. He didn't focus on the pain now however, all he could focus on was water. Sweet, refreshing water. 

Entering the trees many familiarized scents flushed through his nostrils. Unicorn, Equine and Pegasus. Small woodland creatures, birds. It was very dark, and he moved like a shadow through the forest. Heavy footfalls and glowing eyes making themselves known to any that he may have passed. Hungrily, his eyes rested upon the trickling stream glittering under the moon light. His stride almost a clumsy dance as he tripped over a few stones hidden in the shadows. Dry, velvet lips parted as pink tongue lapped at their edges, nape arching and lowering as dusty tassels ripple down over his obsidian crown. The closer he get the more excited he became. Not bothering to stop at the edge of the stream, but instead strutting right on into it. 

Nostrils flared as he took a deep breath, exhaling over the waters surface before submerging his lips into the cool running liquid. Glowing pools closed once more, savoring this very welcomed refreshment. He drank and he drank; dipping his nostrils under the surface from time to time spouting bubbles of joy. The dirty old man could have fun once in a while, right? It was in this moment, that he had made up his mind. He would never again leave Helovia- he was going to die here someday. 

Obsidian legs shifted, moving deeper into the creek. It was very shallow, narrow but fast moving. He wanted to feel the rush over all his hooves, to wipe away the dust and the mud. He had half the mind to lay down in it, roll around completely.  "You old fool." He chuckled to himself, as he turned his gaze away from the water and to the surrounding forest. They were out there, somewhere. Watching probably, waiting for a slip up. He couldn't sleep here, not tonight. Not alone. He was very eager to see what would come crawling out of the night. He needed a place to refresh, and regain his strength. But still he stood, glowing crimson pools flashed through the trees as he shrugged and once again lowered his lips to the waters surface for another sip of satisfaction. 

They'll be coming, soon enough.

OOC: Open to anyone that wants to say hello. I'm not sure where he's going yet. I am rusty with him, so please bare with me as I warm up again.  

@Nyx

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
Hello Darkness My Old Friend - by Nato - 07-01-2016, 06:47 PM
RE: Hello Darkness My Old Friend - by Nyx - 07-02-2016, 11:21 AM
RE: Hello Darkness My Old Friend - by Nato - 07-02-2016, 06:10 PM
RE: Hello Darkness My Old Friend - by Nyx - 07-03-2016, 08:47 AM
RE: Hello Darkness My Old Friend - by Nato - 07-04-2016, 12:47 AM
RE: Hello Darkness My Old Friend - by Nyx - 07-04-2016, 04:42 PM
RE: Hello Darkness My Old Friend - by Nato - 07-05-2016, 11:40 AM