Lights Out.

Ryouta Posts: 30
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: VIII HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Tai
良克
Ryouta
I used to believe there was no God.
Today, I am starting to think perhaps there is one.
And they really think they are funny.

He is right.
My ears remain pinned about my skull, yet I turn my head, feeling a rush of dizziness as I do, to bring into view the image of a girl.  The dark color of her pelt melts with the shadows, but the vibrant teal touches lace her mane and tail, reflecting the kindness in her eyes.  Irritation rolls off me in waves, feeling more or less trapped between nosy fucking rats in my current condition.  Were I a little stronger, were I not so torn apart.
Ah, but there is no time for hopeless musings.

She clarifies her words with more incessant tones, and my face warps into an even more ugly expression.  How could she possibly know what I want?  How I felt of death?  Deep in my heart, I knew that death's kindness would not come for me... not this easily.  I am not fated for a quiet death in a forest, but one more brutal.  Did I want to die?  Perhaps.
Perhaps not.

I never thought much of heaven, but she would be there.  I, however, stand no chance of meeting her smiling face when I finally draw my last breath.  A kindness like spending eternity with your whole heart - I am not worthy.
Death holds no redemption, no reconciliation, no recovery for a soul like mine.  When I faced the crossroads of my life, I chose to fall into darkness.  At least, here in the darkness, you cannot see that you are alone.
If you are hoping for some expression of regret, though, you will not find it here.
I made my choice long ago.

My energy remains focused on keeping my body upright as my mind drifts between thoughts, feeling uneasy around the ghost like stallion and his fucking snake.  Then she returns, the maiden of ink and turquoise, laughably like a dog with a stick hanging from both sides of her velveteen lips.  My mismatched eyes wearily follow the branch as it falls near my hooves, disinterest evident in my shivering frame.
Lyanna offers her name freely, but I remain nameless.  Just a dying man in a foreign land.  I am too tired to laugh at the thought of chewing on a woman's wood, nor do I make light of situation as I would on a normal day.  "Arigatougozaimashita," my lips mumble, my exhausted brain reverting itself to a language they would not understand.  Instead of the common tongue, I speak in the language of a nation forgotten: a nation conquered by war and torn apart by savage.  My home.  My tone is formal, as is the language I use, making the ragged edges of my voice sound smoother.
I do not move toward the branch, instead I simply close my eyes tiredly, when another appears on the scene.  I feel the pain, but I do not mind it.
I am alive, after all.  Tired, but alive.  Dying, but not dead. Dying, but irked.
Helovia seems to be full of fucking nosy people.

Now, I have met many unicorns in my life.  However, the newcomer seems to be some deformed oddity of the race I knew.  The proud, regal horn that normally decorates their forehead hangs like a limp limb across his face, encasing a strange gem about his crown.  His tail is awkwardly long, leonine in shape, but I think he is just... ugly, to put it bluntly.  Whatever plans his lineage had for beauty missed the mark, as though he never fully grew into many of his attributes.  I find that I can trust the unsightly mug much more quickly than the lady of graceful movements and the slyly eyed white stag who first approached me.
I think nothing of his scars.  Battle does not impress me.  His companions do not frighten me.  I am indifferent to these showy efforts, but am annoyed more so than yesterday.
Instead of lashing out in irritation, though, my demeanor is cold.

"I am not interested in your gilded words and surely preconditioned offers," I say finally, forcing the common tongue to flow from my mouth; a slow hiss of ice and venom.  The last time I blindly followed a stranger's offer of aid I ended up in my shit position.  "I have not earned such kindness, nor do I intend to."

A life for a life.
I don't want to live in debt.
Am I really in a position to deny the help of others, at whatever the cost?
Probably not.
I have said this before, but I am not wise.

I pause, my eyes trying to fixate on the features of anyone standing near me, but I just feel so fucking exhausted.  "If that is alright, take me to these healers you keep babbling about; whatever is closest."
Before I fall for the final time in this strange place.
""

ooc -- Feel free to still reply, if you want kae.  Just getting this moved along.
And Jen, yes I am glad!  Sorry Ryouta is a little rough, though.  xD
誰がこの心のために殺されことを非難するのですか
Dare ga kono kokoro no tame ni korosa re koto o hinan suru nodesu ka?
Image credit to fOtOmoth at flickr.com

@Lyanna

Messages In This Thread
Lights Out. - by Ryouta - 07-03-2016, 12:04 AM
RE: Lights Out. - by Caneo - 07-03-2016, 01:09 AM
RE: Lights Out. - by Ryouta - 07-05-2016, 01:07 PM
RE: Lights Out. - by Lyanna - 07-07-2016, 08:54 AM
RE: Lights Out. - by Ashamin - 07-07-2016, 04:47 PM
RE: Lights Out. - by Ryouta - 07-08-2016, 01:42 PM
RE: Lights Out. - by Caneo - 07-09-2016, 10:29 PM
RE: Lights Out. - by Lyanna - 07-11-2016, 12:58 PM
RE: Lights Out. - by Ashamin - 07-12-2016, 03:35 PM