Lights Out.

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
ashamin
lochan
&rakt

The white stag continued to be nothing more than annoyance. Ashamin's lip even curled slightly when the unicorn mentioned the Dragon Throat's terms of acceptance. Sure, the Basin hadn't exactly been a poster child for friendliness, but the fact that the desert isle would turn away the injured was, quite frankly, disappointing. Ashamin didn't know many that lived there, but he didn't like to think that Einarr was a part of a group that thought ill of the needy and would cast away those that needed him most.

Then again... Ashamin hadn't seen Einarr in quite some time. The Clovenheart, weighted down as he was by all his woes, could have used a friendly face. And in their last spar hadn't Einarr simply left him in the cold, a reluctant winner by default?

Despite the fact that a small rage began to simmer inside him, the painted buck did his best to swallow it. Now was not the time to show his disappointment in a herd he'd wanted to respect. Perhaps this white stallion was an outlier rather than a representative, even though he was serving the Dragon's Throat in the threshold.

He chose to listen to the pegasi instead, pointing his large ears forward and listening to the remaining mare and stallion with interest. This stranger didn't seem to want much to do with herds or groups, which was fine, but Ashamin couldn't help but wonder why. "I have not earned such kindness, nor do I intend to." What sort of an attitude was that? An isolating one, and the sort that Ashamin couldn't help but want to assuage.

The Clovenheart had never been very good at leaving well enough alone, though. Despite Lyanna's more official offer, he couldn't help but feel it was his duty (unlike the Dragon Throat's) to offer healing to this newcomer nonetheless. Besides, the Unbound may not have been blessed with God-given magic, but its two apprentice practitioners were, as far as Ashamin was concerned, good souls. He trusted them, and he suspected they would heal this stag with less fuss when he aimed to move on.

"Lyanna is right. You needn't earn kindness, stranger. The Unbound shares its knowledge and alliance with those that need it; there is no need to prove oneself, no precondition." Ashamin tried his best to explain, unable to knock the earnestness out of his tone. He truly was that kind, even if it wasn't deserved. The Unbound were not trapped by obligation, though, this much was true. Were they loyal to each other, would they fight to protect each other and share what they knew? Of course. But Ashamin suspected this was not what this injured stag thought of when any sort of affiliation was proposed. "We have two practitioners, Seanan and a pegasus like yourself, Chaska. I spoke with Seanan not long ago just north of here in the Blood Falls, and Chaska spends time in these very woods. I expect they are both nearby, and if you would like I can provide you with rest nearby and send my companions to fetch them both." His long tail swayed behind him as he spoke, and his companions perked up when Ashamin mentioned them. They were a little more at ease now that the snake seemed to be leaving. Snakes, after all, were not to be trusted.

"But the choice is yours. Should you decide to journey with Lyanna to the Edge I am sure you would also be in good care," Ashamin said with a gentle smile, though secretly he couldn't help but wonder if her offer was really considering his needs. The edge was no simple stop nearby and would either require a roundabout and longer route north or climbing up and down the steep mountainsides that surrounded the heavenly fields. Still, it wasn't his place to say, he could only hope that Lyanna would perhaps have a healer meet them half-way. "Regardless of your decision, know that you could always come to me or my allies for aid in the future, if you wished."

Lochan and Rakt shifted, the former uncomfortably and the latter with little regard. Whatever this stranger chose, they were ready to be moving again.

""
The Clovenheart
image credits

@Ryouta

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
Lights Out. - by Ryouta - 07-03-2016, 12:04 AM
RE: Lights Out. - by Caneo - 07-03-2016, 01:09 AM
RE: Lights Out. - by Ryouta - 07-05-2016, 01:07 PM
RE: Lights Out. - by Lyanna - 07-07-2016, 08:54 AM
RE: Lights Out. - by Ashamin - 07-07-2016, 04:47 PM
RE: Lights Out. - by Ryouta - 07-08-2016, 01:42 PM
RE: Lights Out. - by Caneo - 07-09-2016, 10:29 PM
RE: Lights Out. - by Lyanna - 07-11-2016, 12:58 PM
RE: Lights Out. - by Ashamin - 07-12-2016, 03:35 PM
RE: Lights Out. - by Ryouta - 07-12-2016, 08:05 PM