the Rift

[OPEN] Let's Dine on Snow and Ice

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

BY THE PRECEPTS OF HER PURITY

Precisely, she confirmed, after the foreign sounding roll his tongue made as he repeated her wisdom. Through her webs of faith, sleeping in Temples and dances around Holy Fires, she was a very logical-minded mare; a scholar. Even though she could've easily forgotten that fact about herself through time, the years that had passed: Settled within the Dragon's Throat. Did she still learn? Truly learn? She wasn't sure, couldn't immediatly recall it, besides how she had learned to complain about the heat, and then how to live with it. But still...

I am. I am blessed.

And, along with the gardens that resided in her mind, she truly believed that.

As their conversation continued on, she wondered if his lavish smiles and the twinkles of his flashy winks were ever as impractical, as much of a distraction to himself, as they were to her.  His face was like a picture book and he was pacing through it with a speed she wasn’t sure she could keep up. His expression dark, twitching, pushing and pulling, almost like a spasm, but mostly they were very satisfying pages to fall into. Counterproductive, it echoed like an ignored scream for help against the walls of her mind.

He talked with careful sounding words, subtly placing them in her ears. It wasn’t as if she had expected half-baked sentences, or even a shrug (another kind of spasm), but she did appreciate his consideration. Yet, although aware of the broadness of her question, she did think it was a rather vague reply. For one, he had not spoken of a specific God. Maybe she was biased in some ways, but why else would he have asked about them with such interest? Instead, there were stepping stones, learning, his experiences. Good, bad. She huffed. “You sound like me when I was young.” Arrogant. She still was, but wiser. There was a time and place for everything. For instance, she knew that tainting his imagination wasn’t her job, the world would care of that.

"I look at this world and its creations through the eyes of religion, rather than that of an individual.” There was probably a lot more that was different in their point of views, but through the burning cold wind that caressed her face she  smiled because of this rather specific one —One that she was familiar with, as there were not many that thought the same way as she did. And if there were, she'd like to meet them. “Rather than good and bad, what is wrong or right in the eyes of our kind — I like to ask other questions instead. What do the all-knowing spirits and Gods want from me? What do they want me to do? Who are the ones important to the growth of our lands, who are the ones that will truly mark history? I'd like to meet those individuals to learn from them. What made their actions recognizable and what turns them into the fertilizer of our existence, into growth. Legends or myths, I need to find them, learn them, so that I can know them. And then... Then I might find my Holy Purpose in this world, or that which is beyond." Only she had slipped up, slipped up so many times by distractions and detours, things that she had suddenly found importance in. Things that shouldn’t be in the eyes of her Holy Path, she had given value, all because she was only mortal; all because her emotions were only mortal — her feelings that had grown warmer with the years that passed. But maybe they weren’t so parallel after all, his and her ways, she realized. “So let me know when you’ve achieved those great and grand things, when you’ve found wisdom beyond mine.” This time it was she who fluttered her eyelashes and winked at him. “I might come to look for you again." Maren smiled. "You are an interesting stallion, Erebos. But I should go now. Such a shame,” she sighed. “The conversation was just getting interesting, however, this bleak place is making me miss the fever of my home. So I think I’d rather not be lost after all.” Even if it’s with you.

She looked up at the clouds, the cold midday sunlight filtering through the flush of crystal flakes falling down, and decided which direction was south. Glancing down at Erebos once more, the Diviner nodded in appreciation of his time as her companion ceased his joyous chase of the Kitsune. “Goodday to you, then,” Maren said finally, and she turned around through the thick snow to wander off, Mr. Teatime following in her hoofprints, homewards.

Image Credits

@Erebos  >> -crawls around feet- forgive me one final time. And Maren says "May we meet again" :D
Please tag me 

Messages In This Thread
Let's Dine on Snow and Ice - by Maren - 07-03-2016, 06:13 AM
RE: Let's Dine on Snow and Ice - by Erebos - 07-03-2016, 11:01 AM
RE: Let's Dine on Snow and Ice - by Maren - 07-05-2016, 03:48 PM
RE: Let's Dine on Snow and Ice - by Erebos - 07-05-2016, 06:37 PM
RE: Let's Dine on Snow and Ice - by Maren - 07-24-2016, 03:21 PM
RE: Let's Dine on Snow and Ice - by Erebos - 07-24-2016, 06:00 PM
RE: Let's Dine on Snow and Ice - by Maren - 08-04-2016, 06:31 AM
RE: Let's Dine on Snow and Ice - by Erebos - 08-15-2016, 05:28 PM
RE: Let's Dine on Snow and Ice - by Maren - 09-29-2016, 10:10 AM
RE: Let's Dine on Snow and Ice - by Erebos - 10-10-2016, 03:50 PM