the Rift

[OPEN] The Medicine Show

Ovidius Posts: 36
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 13.3hh :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Eris
OVIDIUS

The arched brow of her ebon Knight was all the encouragement she needed.

Flashing a mischievous wink at the towering stallion, Ovidius allowed herself a few more moments to politely inspect the stranger. Something within her belly trilled as she noticed the brilliant blue of his eyes, so different from her own in color, but not quite in content. With a wry twist to her lips, the tiny mare decided to attempt a sort of friendship with the crowned stranger; it wasn't as if she was in a position to reduce the number of allies she could add to her circle.

Plus, what a nice addition it would be to have such a handsome creature to look upon while sharing stories.

Cocking her head to the side, the petite lass was about to proffer her cheek to the Basin stag - a customary greeting that she had picked up form her dearest Ashamin and his twin companions - when another figure waltzed into view. Lovely and regal in a gown of gold, the newest addition to Ovidius' company was far from lacking in beauty. An appreciative grin spread over ebony lips as the gold limned mare approached, ivory tresses floating about her like a halo while twin antlers stretched smooth fingers toward the clouds. Another sighing exaltation escapes Ovi's mouth before she can stop it, though even if she could have halted the words, she wouldn't have.

"Oh, just lovely..."

There was a contented happiness in the dainty mare's expression, a sort of grateful joy written in each line and dimple in her youthful face. What had began as a wretched trek amongst freezing conditions and hellish winds had turned into a delightfully pleasant meeting between absolutely breathtaking individuals. Golden eyes sparkled with mirth and amity as Ovi gave a shallow bow to the mare, her wild forelock pressing into her field of vision long enough to miss the narrowing of eyes and the pointed interaction between young lovers friends.

As she tossed the unruly lop of hair from her eyes, Ovidius' gaze settled upon her two acquaintances, brow arching as she noticed how different the atmosphere suddenly felt. Bright grin still in place, the tiny maiden's leonine tail undulated, catlike, in the frigid air near her hocks. She noted the slight change in stance, the overtly stiff, mannequin-esque body language that oozed from the golden mare. Her inspection was but short, however, as a light voice threaded through with an undeniable undercurrent of, what exactly? Oh, right, malice birthed from a place of jealousy.

Ovi's grin could only grow, her jovial mood put into overdrive at the thought of a petty, threatened mare trading her gilded grin for a mouthful of fangs.

So caught up in the thrill of the impending passive aggression, Ovidius was almost surprised when the Ebon Knight voiced his own question, a mocking grin plastered over his exquisite features as a cacophony split through the air above her. Gaze climbing slowly upward, the petite maiden found that one of the mammoth machines had indeed moved, though only its rusted head had deigned to rouse itself. Fixing her with an empty metal socket, Ovi would be lying if she said that she did not feel fear pierce her spine with prickly fingers. But, she reasoned silently, eyes never straying too far from the icy goliath, If it's going to kill me, it's going to kill me. No use in being afraid of something that will have its way regardless of my intent.

So, with a lash of her tail and a tilt to her head, the tiny mare straightened her posture and grinned defiantly at the sentinel before looking back toward her current company. "What a pity," her voice was sickly sweet, lacking the usual undercurrent of mischief and venom, "Four ears between the two of you and I fear you haven't heard a single word. Don't worry, I can repeat myself if it is for your benefit." She looked about, Aurelian eyes skimming the pristine white environment, "Like I said, I'm new here. I'm a collector of sorts, of experiences, legs, knowledge; and I'm trying my best to study the geography of the Northern territories." She paused, face brightening despite the potentially dire situation, "In spite of the cold, it really is fascinating. Are there any hot springs nearby? I stumbled across some dried up volcanic vents on my way here."

With a small shake of her head - Ovi knew she tended to get distracted when the promise of discovery loomed so near - the child of gold and bone returned to the subject at hand, fixing her molten gold eyes upon the antlered woman, "As to whether or not I belong, I'm not dead and I have all the pokey bits that your folk have, so seems I belong well enough, miss." She punctuated her sentence with an amiable wink, the pairs' obvious and sudden distaste for her presence pressing her desire to be infuriatingly likable.

"Did I pass your little test? Are my credentials satisfactory now?"

@Erebos
@Enna
Just to prove I'm not a runner,
I'll be coming with my guns up,
Shooting at the moon to bring the sun up.

Messages In This Thread
The Medicine Show - by Ovidius - 07-05-2016, 12:58 PM
RE: The Medicine Show - by Erebos - 07-05-2016, 03:58 PM
RE: The Medicine Show - by Ovidius - 07-05-2016, 05:31 PM
RE: The Medicine Show - by Enna - 07-05-2016, 11:46 PM
RE: The Medicine Show - by Erebos - 07-06-2016, 04:56 PM
RE: The Medicine Show - by Ovidius - 07-08-2016, 12:52 PM