the Rift

[PRIVATE] Let's Have an Adventure [Patrol]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

He wasn't a warrior, no, but Apollo had no qualms about patrolling wherever assistance was needed, to check in on things and make sure that mischief wasn't brewing beneath their hooves. It allowed for him to get out and stretch his legs, roam the lands, survey the changes that always seemed to be happening in Helovia and try to stay in the know-how... And that was where he found himself now, the 'Blood Falls', a northern landscape that the Merciful hadn't had the misfortune of traipsing before.

Rarely did he venture to these new aspects of Helovia, these foreign locations that didn't ring any bells inside of his memories. In his increasing years, Apollo had become a creature of habit, not venturing anywhere that he hadn't been before. It was easier that way, both mentally and physically. His favorite place of travel was the Deep Forest due to the many memories it held, but alas, his assigned destination hadn't been a choice of his own.

The closer that he drew to the foreign land, the slower his pace became. It was... Ominous, for the lack of a better term. Ridiculously tall tress clustered around him, towering above him, making him feel small and petty, crimson-colored leaves doing wonders at nearly completely blotting out the afternoon sun. It reminded him of the Deep Forest, save far creepier, and Apollo knew that if he hadn't called the Deep Forest home for many suns and moons during his early-years in Helovia, he would be spooking and balking at every sound.

At least he wouldn't be patrolling this unknown location alone...

Ktulu would be joining him, or, at least, that was the plan. The lady Constrictor had been assigned as his patrolling partner, and Apollo was equal parts excited and nervous to see her. Granted, they lived in the same herd, shared the same grass, drank from the same streams... But it had felt like an eternity since they had spoken. They talked, but rarely, and their brief encounters and discussions were far from the intellectual debates and heartfelt words they used to share in the past.

It made his heart ache.

Upon his withers, Zola was perched cautiously, tiny nostrils twitching as she breathed in the odd scents of this unknown area. She could sense her bond-mate's unease, and so struck up a gentle purr in an attempt to calm his growing anxiety. 'It's okay, Apollo,' she murmured within their minds, tail stroking soothingly across his spine in small, loving ministrations, 'We won't be here for too long, and then we can go home.'

"You're right," the monochromatic stallion responded, his tone lightening considerably despite the anxiety that still clutched his heart, "We just need to wait for Ktulu."

And so, the unicorn and feline refrained from venturing deeper into the ominous, crimson-leafed trees, and instead decided to wait for Ktulu to join them before beginning their patrol.

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

@Ktulu <3

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
Let's Have an Adventure [Patrol] - by Apollo - 07-05-2016, 04:31 PM
RE: Let's Have an Adventure [Patrol] - by Ktulu - 07-19-2016, 03:22 PM
RE: Let's Have an Adventure [Patrol] - by Apollo - 07-20-2016, 12:09 PM
RE: Let's Have an Adventure [Patrol] - by Ktulu - 07-26-2016, 11:45 AM