the Rift

[PRIVATE] Our Storm

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

You tell me I will be proud of you, and I clatter my beak in amusement. I want to ask you why you’d have my hatchling now, if you had not already earned as much pride as can be won from a storm bird. Still, I have lived this many years because I am clever, and know of this world, it’s people. The horse people seem to be softer inside than the zephyr, born of the wild, careless wind; I am Aekhra, too, bird of the storm. There is nothing soft or equine in my lightning heart. I don’t understand this oath, because I don’t really understand doubt, however much I know you, as all your kind, feel it.

The wind goes where it will. You may only hope to ride it.

Ruffling my wings alongside my body, I bob my head in approval of your promise, the decidedly polite thing to do rather than mock your uncertainty. Overhead, the thunder peels, the flashing ripple of the lights blue and silver on our bodies.

The question you find is of similar intonation to the first statement; why? You seem to ask without using the words. I blink my storm light eyes, letting the words resonate inside for a while. There is sadness in their sound that my warrior’s heart shudders away from, the part of me that is a mother warm with the knowledge that, now, that sadness might be eased. It is hard to be sad and afraid of the world when the lightning’s crackling wind flies alongside you, its heart in time with your own.

Kaj, you fear? No fear, I say, static crackling brightly between my feathers for effect, my wing tips extending outward, brighten dark, as Aekhra does. Teach to act good, like Kaj. Hatch’ing teach Kaj, too.

darknightoftroy

@Kaj

Messages In This Thread
Our Storm - by Random Event - 07-06-2016, 12:06 PM
RE: Our Storm - by Kaj - 07-12-2016, 02:26 AM
RE: Our Storm - by Random Event - 07-25-2016, 10:38 AM
RE: Our Storm - by Kaj - 07-30-2016, 11:26 PM
RE: Our Storm - by Random Event - 08-08-2016, 10:49 AM