the Rift

[OPEN] Like stars burning holes right through the dark.

Zyanya Posts: 70
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 hh :: VI
Tai
Zyanya
Above, the night sky dances to live with twinkling lights, dusted across the obsidian surface.  The glitter of the stars illuminates the snow, reflecting their pale light with surprising force.  The illumination is still too dim for fine details, but Zyanya is still aware by sight, just as much as the soft crunch of snow beneath hooves, that another approaches.  She swerves, mane dancing in a circle about the tempest of warm waters, to view the one who approaches.

The dim light dulls much of the mare's vibrant colors, hiding the element of the sea from Zyanya's floral eyes.  The porcelain doll herself stands out much like the snow which radiates the ethereal light of the heavens, being so pale in color.  Her dainty frame cuts like a knife through the darkness of the water, gleaming beneath the rumbling surface.  So, the mare which approaches her is of a darker hue, but something in her prescence is blue, like the sea glittering out at her feet the day she met Thranduil.  Perhaps even before the blue mare rouses enough from her thoughts to notice Zyanya, a smile is already decorating the tiny girl's face.

Like sunshine in the depths of the night, the gentle expression is warm and inviting, much like the waters in which she stands, belying the cool colors of her makeup.  "Hello," she responds in greeting, the voice small and frail, like a child's, but radiating a light much like her smile.  Tiamat, she introduces herself, and the mare stows away the information quietly, listening intently to her as she slips below the waves, as if part of the water herself.  "I am Zyanya."

She nods politely in response to the question, the smile taking on a whole new light of shared appreciation.  Eyes follow silently to the sky as Tiamat speaks of the lights, giving them a name that she did not know they held.  All this time, Zyanya had thought of them as merely dancers, whose vibrant colors waved and gleamed among the thousands and millions of stars above.  Tonight, they were mostly green, fading toward a soft fuchsia.  Their pillars were soft and long, swirling upward and out toward the east in waves.  "It can be hard to find warmth this far north," her light, soft voice barely breaking over the small crashing waves.  "I tend to find it in the hearts of those that live here."

A sheepish smile replaces the steady, light tug of her lips.  Her mind races through the gentle faces of those she had met, their words warm and welcoming, cradling within her a sense of safety and welcome she had not felt since home.  A quick blink covers the heartache that pangs when the mare realizes, quite suddenly, that this is now home.  The faces of loved ones were gone, disappearing from her life as she fled to keep it.  Now, only the immortal stars above knew what had become of her beloved family.

""

ooc -- No worries!  I've been struggling with work and some health problems so I'm trying to slowly catch back up myself.  Take your time.  :)
YOU ARE THE BLUEST LIGHT.
image credit to Steve Corey on flickr.com

@Tiamat
even if you're lost you can't lose the love because
it's in your heart

Magic & Force allowed, barring permanent changes or death.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Like stars burning holes right through the dark. - by Zyanya - 08-30-2016, 01:54 PM