the Rift

[OPEN] try for better luck

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
are you who i dreamed?
or just a memory?
Today marked another attempt at leaving the twins and taking a quick trip out of the Basin. Rexanna would’ve taken them with her, but as of late they’ve managed to continually escape her and wreck havoc on a variety of different things (animals and equines all the same). So today, her attempt was at leaving by herself, aside from Marembo who sat comfortably on her withers in his usual perch. A place high enough he could somewhat see what was going on without getting nearly stepped on. He was content and Rexanna was rather excited at getting this far without her mirrored twins chasing after her. But when she heard a sound as she reached the Sentinels. The lump of metal that still carried a menacing look to it - despite being rusted and worn by winter’s never yielding grasp. Dodging right in behind it, she decided to take a few moments to listen, peering through the slight shifts in the legs of the giant unicorns.

She spotted Elspeth, the kind mare that she had accepted into the Basin a while ago now. Yet, as her oceanic gaze drifted to who she was talking to, she spotted something that began to confuse her. Had Elspeth lost her mind? Talking with an Elk? Why was it following her so willingly? So many questions began to swarm in her mind until a few seconds later when the Elk began to SPEAK. Ears perked curiously, Marembo perhaps growing a bit impatient at the fact that this random Elk could speak and he couldn’t. Her eyes lingered on the elk in a bit of disbelief before she retained her composure, listening to the words he spoke before being able to feel as though she could pop out from behind the Sentinels and not lose her mind further in front of a stranger.

As the elk began to ask Elspeth about the customs of living with a herd, asking if he should knock antlers with the males, was when Rexanna and Marembo slipped out from behind the Sentinels, making their way out of the blue hued shadow over the snow in a veil of creams and gold, adorned with golden jewelry. A smile was placed on her lips, doing her best to keep her composure of not being mind blown that an elk was talking. Dipping her head to Elspeth first, then to the white elk, she offered him a gentle smile. “I don’t mean to have eavesdropped, but I also don’t think that the males would appreciate that.” She began, eyes lingering on so many tines. “A lot of the males here have horns similarly to mine. Nothing as beautiful as the racks that sit upon your head.” She added in, comforting to her at least and hoping that perhaps it were to the male as well. “I’m Rexanna, welcome to the Aurora Basin.” She smiled brightly to him before turning her gaze to Elspeth and giving her a split second look of “this is the coolest/weirdest thing i’ve ever seen in my life” before parting her lips to speak to her. “Have you offered him a home?” She questioned, tilting her head as Marembo’s gaze lingered on the elk in wonder and amazement, something drawing the tiny polecat to him from his interaction with Rikyn’s Duir. A memory of fun and excitement, playing with the tiny cerndyr. But this was no cerndyr, this was a full grown elk that could talk.

Gently turning her head to the elk once more with a smile, she began. “You’re more than welcome to join us. In our herds, each person has a job that helps the overall functionality of a herd. Is there anything you would like to pursue or had done in the past?” In all fairness, Deimos had said any species were allowed. The Thief began to wonder how the Reaper would react to seeing an elk at the next herd meeting.

"Talk."
rexanna
image credits

I had to leave for work so its a bit all over the place, I apologize!
@Elspeth @Leif
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
try for better luck - by Elspeth - 07-06-2016, 07:14 PM
RE: try for better luck - by Leif - 07-07-2016, 04:28 PM
RE: try for better luck - by Rexanna - 07-08-2016, 12:27 PM
RE: try for better luck - by Elspeth - 07-11-2016, 09:07 PM
RE: try for better luck - by Leif - 07-12-2016, 01:11 PM
RE: try for better luck - by Rexanna - 07-13-2016, 11:35 PM
RE: try for better luck - by Elspeth - 07-19-2016, 11:12 PM
RE: try for better luck - by Leif - 07-20-2016, 11:22 AM
RE: try for better luck - by Rexanna - 07-22-2016, 10:50 PM
RE: try for better luck - by Elspeth - 07-24-2016, 07:29 PM