the Rift

[OPEN] try for better luck

Elspeth Posts: 40
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 7 years
Sarah
Elspeth
We three continue to wind our way through the Basin, making sure to hit all the main spots so that Leif can learn and see as much as possible with two guides. Or, really - one guide and then me, because I’m not really offering up much that is helpful about the Basin.

“Not all horses do.” I added, noting his bewilderment over the idea of caves. “But here in the Basin it’s wise to limit your exposure to the elements in the winter at night… we’re rather far north and the colder seasons don’t let you forget it.” Anyone want to venture a guess as to my least favourite season? It was cold, it was bitter, it had been when my family had died. “But the hot springs that Rexanna mentioned are a wonderful way to escape the chill.”

However beautiful the season was when I arrived in the Basin, I doubted I would ever be fond of it.

Leif expressed his hope that he wouldn’t forget all that he had learned today and I chuckled softly in response. “If you ever forget anything and have more questions, don’t hesitate to ask. It’s a lot to take in.” I cast him another encouraging smile, hoping that the gesture was not lessened by my frequent use of it. There just seemed to be a lot of reasons to offer him encouragement! It was supposed to get easier, or so I was told - assimilating into somewhere new. I had my doubts but perhaps Leif would find it easier than I would - perhaps he was more willing.

So when he asked whether we’d be around if he wished to speak to us, my answer followed smoothly after Rexanna’s. “Yes, of course.” Where else would I go? But I keep the ridiculous pang of despair out of my expression and voice, for once being somewhat successful. “You’re welcome to find me whenever.” It would be good to have more amiable company around the Basin and I would be happy to talk to Leif further. He had learned a lot about Helovia in the last little while but I imagined there would soon be a time when he had more questions.  
give me the sun that shone
Image Credit
table by Sevin

@Leif sorry it's a little scattered but just wanted to get something up <3
[Image: 5706a739b3d7b]
please tag Elspeth in all replies

Messages In This Thread
try for better luck - by Elspeth - 07-06-2016, 07:14 PM
RE: try for better luck - by Leif - 07-07-2016, 04:28 PM
RE: try for better luck - by Rexanna - 07-08-2016, 12:27 PM
RE: try for better luck - by Elspeth - 07-11-2016, 09:07 PM
RE: try for better luck - by Leif - 07-12-2016, 01:11 PM