the Rift

[OPEN] cerndyr games

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

sweet bitter words, unlike nothing I have heard:

"Hah!" I announce, releasing all the muscular control  that had aided my silence for speed, pouncing around the circumference of a particularly broad tree that I was, until now, sure Duir was hiding behind.  Instead of my buck, however, the sound which had alerted me to life behind this oak is a pair of rabbits, who take off into the forest with terror writ across their faces, one of them trailing a high pitched, bunny scream on its way.

I shake my head, ears ringing from the feminine cry and, to be perfectly honest, mildly annoyed that the deer is so good at this game.  I guess I should have figured; it was his idea, and he was still moderately miffed at me for fighting that old guy.  People rarely loose the games they initiate, especially when justly pissed, and I have to admit I was eager to take my mind away from how terribly hot it is today; I’m equally glad to have Duir’s actual companionship again, rather than cold shoulders and haughty, hateful glares, so I try my best to keep playing even though I’m obviously pretty bad at it. 

Mentally, a ribbon of energetic delight at still thwarting me trills through me senses; my eyes narrow and I peer through the tree line for any shimmer of gold, or the smallest movement or sound, hoping he’ll reveal himself on accident. 

He doesn’t. 

I shouldn’t have said he could move, I think to myself as I resume my quiet prowling, not having invented this game we’re playing, and having foolishly thought I’d be better at it than he was.  I’m not; he’s eluded me for long enough to start and get on my nerves, which he thinks is moderately amusing, as well. 

A sudden idea takes me, one that I try my best to obscure from Duir, who is really good at picking up from my bends of mood about what is coming next.  Already, I feel him tense up, watching me from wherever he is, as I begin to meander my way over to a nearby brook, as if I’ve given up the game, or am taking a break for a drink.  I take the time to add a casual sway to my tail as I lower my head to the water, ears clandestinely searching for sounds sure to be roused by the curious, young buck.  It works better than I thought it would; the water is low and lazy from the lack of rain, allowing mirror surfaces to form.  In one of these aquatic, rippling frames, Duir’s gold rune embellished face peers around and out from a shrub and its accompanying tree, his large ears lifted, and listening.

So I lift my head like I’m done drinking, and I’m sure he tucks back behind the tree again like he has any time he thinks I might see him, but this time, I know where he is.  Trying my best to hide the smug, satisfied smile that threatens to explode across my face at any moment, I follow the river for a moment, just long enough to rocket my body into the space between the trees where Duir should be.  The shrubs crash and break around me, but I also know my friend, and I know he’s easy to get to jump with loud, sudden movements.

He’s not still there (because he’s not stupid), but it does startle him enough that he stumbles entirely out of hiding from the next tree over, and there is so much shock on his face for a moment that I can’t help but begin laughing like a colt at the whole ordeal.  Delighted at having finally been caught, the forest buck’s wary surprise quickly becomes several quick bounds to me, almost timed to the rolls of my laughter, embarrassed, as well as amused at it all himself.  He may also, in part, be mocking me slightly for taking as long as I had to find him, when he’d caught me almost immediately, especially because I’d made the mistake of telling him I was a good spy yesterday.

"You should have seen your face!" I mirthfully jest.

[ OOC:  In the forests surrounding the Ancient Rotunda! They aren’t far from the Rotunda itself, but can’t see it. For anyone! ]

sing along, mockingbird; you don't affect me.

Image by TheArtlex@DA

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
cerndyr games - by Rikyn - 07-09-2016, 10:07 AM
RE: cerndyr games - by Aelin - 08-15-2016, 03:07 AM
RE: cerndyr games - by Rikyn - 08-16-2016, 09:18 AM