the Rift

[OPEN] cerndyr games

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

sweet bitter words, unlike nothing I have heard:

With a snort and a toss of his budding crown, Duir bounds off again, his tail flitting upright as he bounds between the enveloping branches of the underbrush. I’m taking off after him, still laughing, when another sound stills my playful charge.

My fore-hooves hit the earth hard, all that forward motion abandoned to pivot me around to face where the “ooof!” had come from. The deer, eagerly leaping somewhere behind me, is less quick to notice, and he’s still running as I stride, confidently, towards the sound of the cursing. Part of me wonders if it’s Mordecai, trying to bother me again, as the noise seems to be that gibberish language she calls “Dothraki.”

I’d have asked her if she was mispronouncing “Dumbpeggy” - if I had thought she’d have left poor Duir’s blood as it was, rather than turning it to acid. Why does everyone go after my poor fawn, anyway? And they call me the rude one.

Where near death might have made some souls curl up and cry, mine had seemed to grow more bold with each passing day (though not so bold as to dare travel near the land of the Dumbpeggies). That boldness is evident in the height of my crown, the ever so slightly backward tilt of my ears, and the regal step with which I emerge from the trees. What is the age old adage? What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger?

"Aelin?" arrives as a much more friendly greeting than I’d been plotting on the approach. It’s hard to tell if it’s actually her or not, because her back is turned to me. All I see at first are the backs of her wings, and the soft russet ripple of her hair, but I’m pretty sure it is the same young desert dweller who’d saved me twice. A daughter of Gaucho, making her akin to playing with fire for the most part, but the danger made her that much more interesting. Why did she take so much concern for me, anyway? And why had she been, as far as I could tell, trying to avoid me? "Are you okay?"

With a wild crash my buck appears, having caught on at last that I’d not followed him on his caper. With his forest eyes wide and surprised, he backpedals in an attempt to stop as soon as he sees the female pegasus. I don’t seem hostile, which aids his decision to remain in sight, but he quickly dips behind me, peering curiously. We don’t usually stop to talk to the winged ones, and he’s reasonably wary of any new situation – particularly strangers.

"It’s been awhile," I continue with a smile, hoping my ease lends itself to the quivering, lightning marked buck behind me. By awhile, I mean since I was dying on the desert floor, while she plead with her sire for my life. They were blurry memories, dark ones, but I’d managed to remember a few things from when I’d been fading in and out of reality. "Have you saved anyone else in the interim?"

A friendly row of laughter follows, genuine. My humor, dark and probably not the most appropriate for the situation, alludes to every other time we’ve met. This time, at least, I’m not bleeding anywhere.

I don’t think.

I also don’t think that those near death moments are why she might not have wanted to talk to me. I don’t pause to wonder if, maybe, she’s afraid I’ll be angry with her, for something her family did.

I’m not.

I’m not even that mad at Gaucho, though I will admit, a new fire burns in me to someday defeat him with as much ease as he had me. It rages inside, seeks to devour any and everyone it can, so that I can’t be swatted aside like some diminutive nobody ever again. That fire still blazes, even as I look over the pretty princess, a smile of friendship marking my lips that carefully hides the flame glowing behind my eyes.

sing along, mockingbird; you don't affect me.

Image by TheArtlex@DA

@Aelin

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
cerndyr games - by Rikyn - 07-09-2016, 10:07 AM
RE: cerndyr games - by Aelin - 08-15-2016, 03:07 AM
RE: cerndyr games - by Rikyn - 08-16-2016, 09:18 AM