the Rift

[PRIVATE] all I can do is keep breathing

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

Hemlock could not bring himself to feel any guilt over his trick, despite the protests of Aly, because it worked. Lena responded right away - bowing her head to him to acknowledge that she understood what he was drawing her attention to. Aly waited with her breath held to see what the reaction would be - if they would continue with the pretense that everything was fine, or if Lena would say something.

At that single, careful syllable that was her name, Aly crumbled. Her breath came out in a heavy sigh, but choked with the tears that were starting to well in her emerald eyes before any questions had even been asked. Her wings and head drooped and she moved the concealing wing further away so that Lena could get a better look when she moved closer through the waves.

Without the need to pretend, the pegasus was free to wince as a particularly energetic wave splashed against her and water hit the wound. Her friend’s questions were gentle and Aly could not fault her for them. They were questions that she needed to answer to someone and if it would be anyone, she was glad it was Lena. “It was just a spar, I don’t think he meant it to go so deep.” Things had escalated quickly during in and encouraged Aly to leave without even offering to heal the young blue stallion like she had planned to. “I’m on a quest for the Moon Goddess - part of it involves not getting any healing when I have injuries. I didn’t… think it would get this bad.” Now that the two mares were finally addressing the issue, Hemlock no longer flew erratically around them but instead flew over to join Imogen near the shore. Aly was safe with Lena, now that they had received a little help getting the conversation started.

“I didn’t know what to do, to leave it or heal it… I don’t want to fail. I… I was hoping the sea water would sterilize it...” She watched Lena’s face carefully, wondering if this line of thought made any sense to her friend. Her voice was weak when she spoke again. “What do you think I should do?”

Alysanne

art by duskbeguile

@Lena
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
all I can do is keep breathing - by Alysanne - 07-09-2016, 06:07 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Lena - 07-13-2016, 05:08 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Alysanne - 07-16-2016, 09:23 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Lena - 07-17-2016, 05:56 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Alysanne - 07-20-2016, 07:13 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Lena - 07-23-2016, 05:48 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Alysanne - 07-25-2016, 06:03 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Lena - 07-27-2016, 06:11 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Alysanne - 09-17-2016, 03:31 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Lena - 11-12-2016, 06:35 PM