the Rift

[PRIVATE] all I can do is keep breathing

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

Alysanne did not move when Lena inched forward - even going so far as to move her wing slightly out of the way so that her friend could get a better look. She trusted the unicorn mare, as a friend and a fellow healer and she was in shock too - surprised that her story, the story of this quest, had been played out already by someone else. Her green gaze was soft and filled with sympathy as she listened to Lena’s story - her heart aching at the idea of the mare before her being burned despite the fact that in that moment, Alysanne was the one who was hurt. “Oh Lena, I’m so sorry.” She wouldn’t have wished such a quest on anyone. Not after living through one herself.

Having never been burned (only once, but it had been an illusion), she could not imagine the thoughts going through her friend’s mind as Lena slipped back into the memories of what had happened. Though it hurt to move, Alysanne ignored the pain to stretch out her black muzzle and offer a comforting touch to her dear friend.

Was it always going to be like this? Was this some punishment for them for wanting to heal others?

Thankfully, Lena replied to Alysanne’s question with truths - offering her opinion and her shoulder gently. Aly leaned into the contact with a soft sigh.

“She was furious with me when I first asked for this quest. Perhaps that should’ve been my first clue that it was a bad idea. I just… I just want to be able to help others. To take their pain from them.” It had seemed logical to her that the pain would need to go somewhere - so why not into her own body. But she wasn’t quite ready to admit that part of it to Lena because she was dangerously close to thinking it was a bad idea. What could she do, but continue the quest now? After visiting the Goddess and seeking a way out once, further failure was not an option.

“You’re right, I’d have to get a new wound if this one is healed, but I could be smarter next time. Not allow just any wound to fester the way this one did...” She wanted to prove to the Moon Goddess that she could handle it. The magic she sought depended on her ability to handle pain, after all - and disappointing the Goddess of her homeland was not an option. “The pain I can handle… I think.” Maybe Alysanne wasn’t as strong as she liked to think. It was easy to be strong for others, but when it came to herself it was an entirely different story.

A pause, her gaze drifting momentarily away from Lena and towards their companions on the shore - not really focusing on them. Or was it that it was difficult to focus on them?

She shook her head slowly, trying to clear her head and bring her attention back to Lena. “But this infection, it’s making my head cloudy. I can't even think clearly anymore. Not exactly a good state for a doctor, is it?” A sad, lopsided smile twisted onto her lips.

She hated that the next words sounded like defeat and they felt like it too. Which was why they came out softly - just a whisper above the sound of the waves and ocean. “Can you... can you please heal it?”

Alysanne

art by duskbeguile

@Lena
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
all I can do is keep breathing - by Alysanne - 07-09-2016, 06:07 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Lena - 07-13-2016, 05:08 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Alysanne - 07-16-2016, 09:23 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Lena - 07-17-2016, 05:56 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Alysanne - 07-20-2016, 07:13 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Lena - 07-23-2016, 05:48 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Alysanne - 07-25-2016, 06:03 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Lena - 07-27-2016, 06:11 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Alysanne - 09-17-2016, 03:31 PM
RE: all I can do is keep breathing - by Lena - 11-12-2016, 06:35 PM