the Rift

Technicolor!

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

Perhaps they could be friends, her and Ashamin. She doesn’t see a reason why not, other than they have never really taken the time to get to know one another outsides of these encounters in the Threshold. Ones that he so often won, and which she was slightly bitter about but would never show or admit to. That would be unladylike, and unsportsmanlike, and un-princess-like (all terms Corbin would berate her with when she was being a sore loser, because sometimes she can be…okay often). To Corbin’s credit, she’ got much better about that as she grew. And really, someone picking a place to live isn’t something she can necessarily win or lose. It would just be nice to give someone else the opportunity she has had. A new start. Because she knows all too well about those.

The conversation quickly moves on without her, Hé seeming rather interested in Ashamin’s offer (they always do. Hell, even she admits sometimes it’s tempting to consider should her life in the Edge go to hell). Perhaps it is simply because it is a life half the princes and princesses of the world dream of (oh, to be free, or something – Lyanna had been perfectly happy in her old life). Perhaps because those who wandered before cannot fathom a life in which they do not wander now. Perhaps because there’s something beautiful to the idea of it.

But then again, there is much good in a herd as well. They work and they help one another and the land. Oh, it is a beautiful, at the literal edge of the world here. The mists rolling over the cliffs, the forest not far behind, shards of glass glimmering in the sunlight.

She lets the stallions talk, not wanting to interrupt, not wanting to stop the flow of the young boy’s questions. She wonders if he has as many as she did, when she first arrives (or really, still does, the questions simply change). When the opportunity arises (mostly because she fears if she stays silent too long, she will simply miss the opportunity all together), she figures it’s about time to throw in her two cents. Whatever it’s worth. She’s here, after all.

“I serve the Edge as a healer, learning the different herbs and offering assistance where I can. But I admit, I also enjoy wandering the wilds of Helovia and frequenting the Threshold, and I’m often out of the Edge as much as I’m in it. Others serve the herd as warriors, not unlike Ashamin,” she offers him a nod and smile, “or sleuths, crafters, or seers. Whatever suits you best. We do answer to a King and Queen there though, unlike the Unbound.” She falls silent, leaving it at that. She could go on, certainly, but that seems like more than enough information for one little speech. She’ll wait for his questions, if there are any, and go from there.

watch how i soar.

lyanna

Ugh, so sorry! The weekend got away from me (like always...). Feel free to ignore her, but I wanted to at least say I didn't forget about you. ;)

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
Technicolor! - by Hé - 07-11-2016, 02:06 AM
RE: Technicolor! - by Ashamin - 07-11-2016, 07:07 AM
RE: Technicolor! - by Lyanna - 07-11-2016, 01:14 PM
RE: Technicolor! - by Hé - 07-11-2016, 02:28 PM
RE: Technicolor! - by Ashamin - 07-12-2016, 06:21 PM
RE: Technicolor! - by Lyanna - 07-13-2016, 01:07 PM
RE: Technicolor! - by Hé - 07-13-2016, 09:28 PM
RE: Technicolor! - by Ashamin - 07-14-2016, 08:00 AM