the Rift

[OPEN] Consolation Prize

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia
Guilt assuaged the mare as she bit her tongue. She had no right to speak in such a way to a man who was clearly several years her elder and had done nothing wrong besides offer a cranky response to her unwanted appearance. It mattered little what turmoil she carried within herself; she had never been one to lash out at others as a result of inner pain before, and she'd no intentions of allowing herself to do so now. But his harsh words rebuke any apology that might have spilled from her ivory lips, leaving her with only a slightly lowered head and shame-faced grimace to offer the old man.

- Purpose or not, he still looked like a crab, - Astraeus observed shrewdly. Sohalia chided the zephyr gently while swallowing the chuckle that might just send the unicorn into a grumpy rage.

What would she do for someone who was injured? What indeed? She was no healer, nor had she any measurable skill in herbalism. He dwarfed her, so any attempt to help him hobble to a healer would be useless, and she could hardly leave him stranded to go for help. Her nostrils flared as she deflated further. "I would send Astraeus for help," the mare offered finally, gesturing towards the zephyr. "And then do what I could to ease any pain you had or stop any bleeding while we waited." Her mouth twisted wryly. "I admit it is not the best plan. Although," she added suddenly "I could always preserve you in crystal until help arrived - pause time for you, if you will." A hint of a smile appeared, indicating that her offer was a sad attempt at a joke.

Despite her rather discourteous greeting, the mare found that the interaction had eased the burden of her mind for the short time that they had been conversing. In truth, such a distraction was exactly what she needed. Anything that could send the dark thoughts about her lost love and many failures away was a blessing, even if it came in a remarkably grumpy package. "I apologize for disturbing you, sir. I am... not myself today, it seems. If you'd rather, I'll be on my way." But gods, she hoped he invited her to stay.

"Talk talk talk."

@Albrecht - I'm so sorry I took forever omg.

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
Consolation Prize - by Albrecht - 07-11-2016, 02:08 PM
RE: Consolation Prize - by Sohalia - 08-31-2016, 09:29 AM
RE: Consolation Prize - by Albrecht - 09-01-2016, 11:32 AM
RE: Consolation Prize - by Sohalia - 09-14-2016, 11:25 AM
RE: Consolation Prize - by Albrecht - 09-22-2016, 08:26 PM
RE: Consolation Prize - by Sohalia - 10-14-2016, 02:15 PM
RE: Consolation Prize - by Albrecht - 11-09-2016, 10:13 AM
RE: Consolation Prize - by Sohalia - 11-10-2016, 11:00 AM
RE: Consolation Prize - by Albrecht - 11-28-2016, 09:10 AM