the Rift

[PRIVATE] blue neighbourhoods

Ultima Posts: 57
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 4
Snapdragon :: Turkish Andora Cat :: None Kairi
i do my best to find some kind of glow
If there was a spirit who presided over the summer months and the children born to them, then that spirit was a merciful one. The long days of trailing after Tilney in the underbrush, gathering thistles, cloves, and pulling loose sheaves of bark from the gentle willow kept her too busy to think about the year she’d left behind. And she worked hard at it, the distraction – in the mornings she rose early, went through the arduous process of sorting out her hair, chewing mint leaves as she ran through the list of terms she’d learned the day before. In the evenings, after all was said and done, her breath smelled like chamomile flowers. 

Today they were out by the rotunda, midmorning light filtering through the trees and blazing white on the old stone. Ultima, having wandered off as she was wont to do, glinted as she rooted around the gazebo’s perimeter.

Her ears perked.

“Co-ming!” She sang through a mouthful of primroses – chewing hastily, she picked through the thick foliage, making a fair amount of noise as she went. (In her defense, she was much, much less conspicuous now than she was, say, a week ago.)

“I found a trove of peppermint,” she called out, wings slightly cocked for balance. “And spearmint, and burdock,” She had yet to trip today, and was keen on setting a record; just had to stay upright until they got back to the Edge, and there would be nothing keeping her from eating all the blackberries she’d discovered the day before. “—and dandelions, but those grow everywhere,” Sighting a familiar shoulder in the thicket, the girl turned and drew to a tidy stop alongside it. “Hallo, I know what those are – aren’t those poisonous?” 

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

@Tilney o great teacher tilbert
please tag ultima in all posts!
force/magic a-ok, shy of killing/maiming her!

Messages In This Thread
blue neighbourhoods - by Ultima - 07-11-2016, 02:35 PM
RE: blue neighbourhoods - by Tilney - 07-12-2016, 12:21 AM
RE: blue neighbourhoods - by Ultima - 07-12-2016, 02:20 AM
RE: blue neighbourhoods - by Tilney - 07-14-2016, 05:45 AM
RE: blue neighbourhoods - by Ultima - 07-19-2016, 01:23 AM
RE: blue neighbourhoods - by Tilney - 08-06-2016, 01:08 AM
RE: blue neighbourhoods - by Ultima - 08-12-2016, 11:56 PM
RE: blue neighbourhoods - by Tilney - 08-28-2016, 10:44 PM
RE: blue neighbourhoods - by Ultima - 09-24-2016, 10:49 PM