the Rift

Talking to the moon

Luna Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I don't just wish you rain, Beloved
I wish you the beauty of storms

The season is scorching. Wildfires burning across the countryside leaving nothing but ash and embers in their wake. A soft auburn haze coats the horizon to the east with an eerie glow as the burning sphere begins to fade into the distant mountains to the west. Among the rippling dry golden grain is a glittering black blur charging through their fragile stocks. Slowly the setting sun allowing the shadow-mare to blend into the night as mother moon gently faded into view.; beaming down with all her grace the delicate rays of light mixing of sapphire and onyx across the terrain. Chest heaving, the lady slowed toward the edge of the clearing. Silken coat kissed by the moon holding a soft sheen of sweat from her adventures. Inky limbs weary from the distance they have traveled continue their gate, a gentle bounce trickling through the reeds as they intertwined against her hocks. Ink veil adorned with an ivory crescent moon between softly glowing cobalt optics elegantly elevated, in a display of pride and curiosity. Listeners pivot in all directions, weaving back and forth between flowing midnight fibers, waiting to detect movement. Nostrils  flare, breathing deep the land she has stumbled upon; it was fresh, it was new, it was hot. The lunar mistress wanted nothing more than to explore it. And just like that as one journey ended, another journey began.

The smell of this place was overwhelming, such a mixture of aromas fueled the dark mistresses mind. Most scents masked by the disgusting smell of smoke that coated her skin from the wildfires from the east. Twisting through the dark forest she mused upon the beauty of the landscape; the moon's rays delicate yet vibrant as they streak through the shadows. Fireflies glitter, dancing into the night through the trees. 'You have lead me here for a reason, haven't you mother moon?' The thought fluttered through her mind as she continued her walk among the timbers. The heat subsiding (even if minimally) to the humid night, a faint fog swirling around the forest floor. So many blurred perfumes fused with the aroma of smoke, the blue-tinged seductress couldn't quite pinpoint the species here. Purity was important, she adorned no spiral horn or feathers of flight. Those were not considered acceptable. It is abnormal, those are beings of abomination and mixed genes.

Lady moon had to know those she stood amongst. Midnight limbs eased to a halt, muscles rippled under her steamy skin. "Hello?" Honey tones seeped in a gentle call through velvet lips, laced with innocent curiosity. Lobes flicked forth while glowing eyes pierced the darkness seeking something, someone to reply. Silken pendulum lofting from left to right in anticipation; they shouldn't keep her waiting long.

ooc: Open for anyone to come.
note: I'll be going on vacation soon, my reply will be delayed till Monday <3
- the daughter of the night
Image Credit to Asperette.Deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
Talking to the moon - by Luna - 07-11-2016, 11:32 PM
RE: Talking to the moon - by Elspeth - 07-13-2016, 11:43 PM
RE: Talking to the moon - by Sikeax - 07-21-2016, 03:35 AM
RE: Talking to the moon - by Luna - 07-22-2016, 12:16 AM
RE: Talking to the moon - by Sikeax - 07-25-2016, 11:34 PM