the Rift

Summer's Fun, Save the Sun [Patrol]

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
people always say the most painful thing is losing the one you love in your life ... the truth is, the most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone...

Momma didn't exactly trust a new guy that she'd assigned to patrol with Romani. I don't think she expected him to show up for his patrol, which I guess wouldn't have been a first. I'd missed a few patrols in the Dragon's Throat, but it wasn't something you did when you first joined a herd, at least that was my opinion. I was surprised when she tracked me down then shocked when she asked me to take over his patrol with Romani. Momma had never asked me to do anything before, so I was eager to prove myself to her and show her that I could do whatever she asked of me. I asked her where to go and then I left to find Romani and start my patrol with her.

I flew from the Falls all the way to the border of the Threshold. Momma had told me that Romani had already left and I didn't want to keep her waiting for too long by walking all the way there. So when the threshold finally came into sight I dropped down to the ground and tucked my wings against my sides. Part of me wondered if Momma's doubt about Cowboy was well founded or if it really was just doubt. I wondered if I would find him and Romani patrolling and if I'd be going back home before my patrol even started. I kinda hoped that he wouldn't show up, though, so I could prove that I was useful.

I was quiet as I made my way through the Threshold, my ears straining to hear any kind of sign that would tell me where Romani was. I could hear the scratching sounds that squirrel's nails usually make as they run up and down trees, the flutter of wings as birds hurriedly flew away, the buzz of pesky flies, and the sound of grass, leaves, and twigs crunching under my hooves...

"Aye, my sweet, so do I."

I stopped when I heard the voice. I didn't know if Romani was a mare or a stallion or what he or she looked like. I didn't ask Momma before I took off to the Threshold to do what she asked me. It was a start, though, so I wandered through the trees until I saw a flash of red-gold through the trees.  As I approched her I noticed the big, white cat on the ground near her. I probably wasn't as startled as I should have been, but in my defense I'd grown up with a bear as a babysitter.

"Hi," I greeted the pair as I stepped out of the trees. "Are you Romani? I'm Ranjiri. Momma said I needed to meet you out here for your patrol." I didn't say that Cowboy wasn't coming because I stilll wasn't sure, chances were that he could still show up. But I felt that my arrival was pretty obvious of what was expected to happen.

"."

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
Summer's Fun, Save the Sun [Patrol] - by Romani - 07-13-2016, 12:13 PM
RE: Summer's Fun, Save the Sun [Patrol] - by Ranjiri - 07-25-2016, 04:57 PM