the Rift

Summer's Fun, Save the Sun [Patrol]

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
people always say the most painful thing is losing the one you love in your life ... the truth is, the most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone...

I shrugged when Romani apologized as I talked about Midas. It had hurt a lot at first, but now the pain had dulled and I didn't feel the urge to cry everytime I thought about him. Sometimes, when I thought about Midas, I felt anger because he was never around. I was angry that he chose the Throat over his family and only left when a God asked him to. I was angry that he didn't care enough about me or Momma to live with us. So I tried not to think about him often at all. Gaucho had taken Midas' place in my life and in my heart and even though he wasn't my real father he'd been there for me more often than Midas had. "Its okay." I said. "It was a long time ago."

Thankfully our conversation moved on to what I did in the Falls, but I wasn't surprised when Romani admitted that she wasn't well versed in crafting. Not all warriors were and I didn't hold it against her. She had her trade and I had mine and we both excelled at what we did, or at least I'd like to think we did. I was surprised when she offered to help with the masonry work in the Falls and even more surprised when she offered to have her son help. "That would be wonderful!" I said happily. "We could always use some help." I laughed when she suggested that masonry work would keep her son out of trouble. "I would be glad to keep an eye on him anytime you need me to." I offered. "I know how much unintentional trouble foals can get in to and how much they like to play, I...."

"RANJIRI!"

I jumped at the sudden shout of my name and my feathers stood on end. I must have looked like a ridiculously puffed up black and gold bird and I spun around. I didn't know who I expected to see, but it certainly wasn't Sacre.

"Sacre!" I said in return, a smile carving itself onto my face. When was the last time I had seen him? I couldn't remember. "How've you been?" I moved toward him, my muzzle stretched out in greeting. He asked who my friend was and I looked over at Romani. "Sacre, this is Romani and Kasai, we're on patrol for the Hidden Falls. Romani, this is Sacre, we used to live in the Dragon's Throat together."

"You work with stone now, huh?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "I moved back to the Falls to be with my family." I paused, my head tilting as I regarded my friend. "Are you still in the Throat? I hadn't seen you there in a while."

"."

@Romani @Sacre

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
Summer's Fun, Save the Sun [Patrol] - by Romani - 07-13-2016, 12:13 PM
RE: Summer's Fun, Save the Sun [Patrol] - by Ranjiri - 07-31-2016, 12:33 PM