the Rift

[OPEN] Unchained

Persephone Posts: 45
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
Alecto :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams ChaoticMelodies
this old world has brought me pain
               but there's hope for me again
I am not much of a wanderer, but I am glad that I have ventured into Helovia to find this place.

Light flickers atop the waters of the river, whose gentle waves have been stirred by the wind. The myriad leaves overhead turn the world beneath their shade a vague tint of green. Bushes filled with beautiful white flowers sprout nearby - hydrangea, I believe they are called - and I wonder if they will stay that color. In my homeland, hydrangea bushes were present in varying shades of pink and blue. I have not yet seen enough of this land to know if the same will hold true.

I stand in the shade of the Ancient Rotunda, the focal point of the area and the reason for my visit. Great marble pillars extend above me, holding a wrought iron design of vines and leaves in an arch at the top of the structure. Stained glass is fixed beautifully within the metal design, covering the stone floor of the rotunda in ever-shifting colors and shades. At every entrance, long, flowing drapes wave gently in the breeze, coaxing in weary travelers and curious adventurers alike. It is beautiful.

I am alone and at peace, something that could not be said for me at any other point of time since my arrival in Helovia. Birds sing happily in the branches overhead as the brook chuckles cheerfully alongside the structure in which I have taken shelter. Even the heat of Tallsun seems unable to permeate the area. I step outside, basking in the calm that surrounds me before I lower my head to graze.

The greenest part of the grass I carefully pull up at the roots and set aside, laying the offering at the base of a large willow tree. It seems like a fitting place to leave my tribute to the gods. Bowing my head, I pray. I pray for peace. I pray for happiness. I pray for courage. But most of all, I pray for the ability to be useful, to find a place in my herd and family where I can truly belong. With that done, I am free to eat in peace, and so I set about my lunch, carefully nudging each mouthful of grass twice before ingesting it.

"Persephone speaks."
Persephone
Image by Xyroca

@Leif, if you want, and anyone else is welcome! I would like this to move along fairly quickly - I want Persephone to discover her kitsune egg here! :3
[Image: 5626e4bc4fe1a]
pixel by Kiara <3

Please tag Persephone in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.
Persephone always goes by the alias "Cora."

Want to plot with Persephone? Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
Unchained - by Persephone - 07-14-2016, 12:11 PM
RE: Unchained - by Leif - 07-19-2016, 03:45 PM
RE: Unchained - by Persephone - 08-06-2016, 01:22 PM
RE: Unchained - by Leif - 08-11-2016, 07:56 PM
RE: Unchained - by Persephone - 08-25-2016, 07:02 PM