the Rift

[PRIVATE] [Earth or Sun] Gifts of the Lost

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
     Lived unbruised,
we are friends; and I’m sorry, I’m sorry.
Sigh no more.

The Earth God's assurance that Ashamin would not be dealing with a god like the one he had known before put him at ease. Even his companions, who were well acquainted with the Spark God's short temper, seemed grateful. Lochan and Rakt had seen gods before, and they knew just how strong an affect conversations such as these could have on their bonded's mood. Ashamin's piety was not, after all, without its downsides. That sort of devotion took its toll on the stag; the thought that this conversation might not be so emotionally exhausting was welcome.

So when the God of the Earth explained the quest, the trio had mixed feelings. Ashamin was pleasantly surprised, for he had expected a task as morally draining as the Moon Goddess'. He nodded slowly along with the syllables, but did not think much of them beyond their benefit. His companions exchanged worries glances, sidelong looks that they need not share. Whatever talks those two needed to have could have been done through the channel built to connect their minds; they expressed their worry so visibly in the hopes that Ashamin, otherwise too preoccupied to hear whatever mental warning they could provide, would take note.

Conversations such as these... they would not come without a cost. And though Ashamin, bathed in the light of a holy presence and in awe of the Earth God's kindness, might not think of that, his companions did. When their looks had no effect, Rakt pressed the base of his antler against the Clovenheart's leg. But Ashamin was already stepping forward, moving away from his bonded, and answering the God.

"Your task is just. I will return to you with the tokens you have asked for, " Ashamin said, his head low in a respectful bow and his eyes shut, for a part of him found the situation easier to believe if he did not see it. "Thank you for answering my call, God of the Earth."

For a moment he looked up, not sure what to see. Ashamin hadn't expected a smile.

""

Ashamin is seeking the following enchantment for his haladie, aka Mriga:
:: Steel reflects light in a way that causes its pattern to look as if it is moving and disorient.

@Mythical request

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
[Earth or Sun] Gifts of the Lost - by Ashamin - 08-02-2016, 07:18 AM
RE: [Earth or Sun] Gifts of the Lost - by Ashamin - 08-09-2016, 05:16 PM
RE: [Earth or Sun] Gifts of the Lost - by Ashamin - 09-06-2016, 06:41 AM