the Rift

I'm what's left of when we swam under the moon.

Ovidius Posts: 36
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 13.3hh :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Eris
OVIDIUS

The gold-limned mare only smiled wider as the stallion introduced himself. Flashing a wry wink at what seemed like relatively well-masked bewilderment, the tiny lass was about to continue the conversation when they were joined by a particularly lovely mare and her multi-tailed companion. Swiveling an ear toward the ivory-and-gunmetal woman, Ovi gave a welcoming nod, tail undulating happily in the air behind her.

As Howl's honeyed baritone permeated the dim humidity of the Threshold once more, Ovi allowed herself to get lost in the clouded patterns of her new acquaintances' coats. How darling, she thought to herself, a satisfied twinkle in her eye, Two storm clouds locked to the earth, both as sweet as can be. She had to resist the urge to hum, to prance, to press her nose to each of the equines' chests and claim them; as her friends, as members of the Unbound, as the newest members of her ever-growing little family.

But that wouldn't be 'appropriate.'

Ovidius had to resist making a face as the word crept into her stream of thought; what a boring way to live, what an annoying principle. Appropriate, she huffed, lips pulling down ever so slightly. Fortunately, just as the thin lass' mood began to plummet, the trio was made into a quartet by the arrival of an antlered stallion, white tree pattern sloping up his sides and complementing the gold of his skin. "Oh..." Her soft exclamation faded into a quiet sigh, appreciation for the stallion - Tilney, if she had heard correctly - and his prettiness brushing away all remnants of negativity.

As Howl responded to Tilney's inquiry, Ovi saw her opportunity to offer asylum to the weary traveler. Golden eyes brightening once more, the onyx gal placed a small hoof forward and waved her tail enthusiastically, "Well, I'm a member of the Unbound, it's sort of a family for us that want the closeness of a herd without all the rules," She flashed slightly panicked glances at Tilney and the grey mare, recalling how her gentle critique of the World's Edge had caused that big jerk, Mauja to stain her head with his magic, "Not that there's anything wrong with the herds, I just..." Her breathing pulse quickened, worry creasing her brow as she rushed on, "They aren't really my thing."

With a pause, Ovi looked down at her hooves, the tea-saucer sized bits were as black as the rest of her, blending carefully into her coat. Clearing her throat, the mare forced herself to reign in her budding fear of the World's Edge, (what with that Elephant Guy almost squishing her, the Gray Lady and all of her jewels chasing her, and that Mauja and his turkey violating her mind) before speaking again, eyes trained upon the golden tip of Howl's horn, "We stay in the Thistle Meadow a lot, there's pretty flowers and fresh water and lots of places to rest. If you want, you can join a rank, too."

A flash of pride filled the girl's heart, "Like me, I'm a Looter and an Absolver, that means I sneak and slither and learn things to contribute to the wellness of the group. We try our best to keep everything equal. Whaddya think?" Her eyes flicked back and forth between the gathered equines and she gave a tentative smile, praying that she hadn't stuck her hoof in her mouth yet again.

@Brisa
Just to prove I'm not a runner,
I'll be coming with my guns up,
Shooting at the moon to bring the sun up.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm what's left of when we swam under the moon. - by Ovidius - 07-19-2016, 01:50 PM