the Rift

Once Upon a Tragedy

Astolat Posts: 4
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5
imi
Set me free, leave me be
I don't want to fall another moment into your gravity

Stood, nervously shifting her feet, Astolat squirmed with the increasing awareness of how awkward she must look and, the butterflies in her stomach not helping, it made her feel even more awkward. She struggled to meet either gaze of the two who had so kindly stopped by to greet her—the unlucky one. She felt like smacking her head against a tree and probably would have if she hadn’t thought it unfair to the innocent wood… Perhaps she should try shouting to the vast realm of the sky and beyond for the ridiculousness of how she felt, the unwanted invisible chain that only she could break if only she knew how, her heart so longed for her nose to reach out and touch the neck of the dear red-dipped stallion whom she had rebuffed quite rudely. Her gaze was now trained to the ground, her body posture was rigid from stress and the sad, longing song of her heart was thwarted and muted. Even then the mare, a vision of pastel patches and long white hair, felt even worse when Ashamin apologised and the guilt began to weigh down on her more than it had before. The familiar feeling of frustration crept into her conscience as her gaze slowly drifted to that of the guy with the mangled horn and her expression twisted deep with apology, “thank you” she meekly smiled to both men who welcomed her.

After a few deep breaths, Astolat tried to warm to the company around her, always keeping a distance, though it didn't make sense (it never made sense) she felt happier that maybe they would be spared of her curse if they didn't come too close... Maybe. Consciously she attempted to relax her posture as Ashamin explained a little about a band of outcasts that were his family and extended a kind offer for her to join them. Her expression turned into one of thought when the other, the wilder looking one with stripes, introduced himself as Imani and she smiled, gently dipping her head. He too belonged somewhere in this Helovia, a place called the Worlds Edge... "Huh?" The puzzled thought echoed around her blank mind and she stared dumbly at the rugged fellow, not bothering to mask her confusion.

"... the world has an edge?" her eyes suddenly grew wide and she laughed then at the stupidity of her question, of course the world has an edge, it had many edges from the tips of mountains to the points of horns atop a unicorns head, her own head. "sorry that was a silly question. Why is it called that?" she re-worded the question, still giggling a little. After that she ordered her thoughts again and realised there was a decision she had to make; follow Ashamin, follow Imani or go back to where she had been dumped. In all honesty, even if she prayed to Lon and Lilianir for a whole month, there wasn't a single way she could see herself returning to Lothrin. It hurt to even think that she may never see it again, but the fate had decided her lot and Astolat narrowed her answer down to two—by now, she had already chosen.

"Would your family be fine with me tagging along?" she asked of Ashamin, her gaze nervously falling on his, not wanting to feel like a burden, "if so, I would like to travel this place more" she smiled. At least that way she wasn't spreading her heinous luck to an entire herd and at least had a chance of keeping to herself and thus lowing the affects of her unluckiness. "Thank you for your offer, I would like to see the edge of the world, if one day I may be allowed a visit" one visit couldn't hurt right?

I'm so sorry for the uber long wait!! <3 Astolat would like to join the Unbound! :D

Messages In This Thread
Once Upon a Tragedy - by Astolat - 07-15-2016, 09:42 AM
RE: Once Upon a Tragedy - by Ashamin - 07-15-2016, 10:06 AM
RE: Once Upon a Tragedy - by Imani - 07-15-2016, 10:53 AM
RE: Once Upon a Tragedy - by Astolat - 07-21-2016, 02:54 PM
RE: Once Upon a Tragedy - by Ashamin - 07-26-2016, 08:27 AM
RE: Once Upon a Tragedy - by Imani - 07-27-2016, 08:37 AM
RE: Once Upon a Tragedy - by Astolat - 09-12-2016, 04:48 AM