[PRIVATE] it's too late to apologize

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
THE STRANDS IN YOUR EYES, THAT COLOUR THEM WONDERFUL
STOP ME - AND STEAL MY BREATH.
</style>

Gusting winds prevailed on the morn that Aleta told her mother that she had met Gaucho, and by the time the Transcended made her way back to the Dragon's Throat, storms had begun to roll in.  It was rare for the desert landscape to be blessed by rain, rarer still for a true storm to race across their horizon.  When they did, though, their fury was a sight to behold.  Dark, roiling clouds covered the sky.  Lightning flashed angrily (Sohalia thought briefly of the marking upon her daughter's neck, which had sparked with irritation throughout their conversation), leaving behind only a loud CRACK! of thunder to mark its appearance.  The dove found shelter in the oasis, huddling under a clump of trees with a slight frown on her face.  The desert was not a safe place to be in a storm.

To the east, rain fell, a dark, blue-grey sheet that approached steadily as the mare watched.  She was preoccupied by the news Aleta had borne.  As badly as Sohalia had wanted to shake the girl for revealing as much as she did, the Transcended knew that she could not blame a child for her own mistakes.  For better or for worse, Gaucho the WildFire now knew at least part of the truth of her whereabouts for the better part of the year she had been back in Helovia.  Somehow, the dove knew that he would be displeased.

The rain drew closer.  Her thoughts grew blacker.

Vinati, she knew, was somewhere nearby, safe (or as safe as she could be) with the other mares and foals.  Though the dove knew she ought to join them, she could not yet bring herself to put on a smile and return to her youngest daughter.  She felt dirty, tainted somehow, simply by the knowledge that Gaucho knew.  Her secret, the secret she never should have kept... he had learned it.  And not from her.  Though she had no desire to seek him out, a small part of her began to wonder what their next meeting would be like.

Would he be angry?  Or would he even care?  It wasn't like he had given her any reason to suspect he still harbored feelings for her, not since Vinati had been born.  What would she say, if he asked?  That she loved him, not Kaj?  That she had made a mistake?  That Aleta - the daughter that never should have been and almost wasn't, due to a particularly difficult birth - was unimportant in the face of their relationship?  That she would give it all up if only he would give her a chance.

Perhaps, deep down, she knew that there were no more chances for her.

words words

OOC | Pretty sure I remember you telling me I could use this table but if not then smack me and I'll put it back in the cookie jar!  ;D

@Gaucho - because yolo and I think this will be fantastic.

Image Credits
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
it's too late to apologize - by Sohalia - 07-15-2016, 06:40 PM
RE: it's too late to apologize - by Gaucho - 07-16-2016, 10:43 AM
RE: it's too late to apologize - by Sohalia - 07-16-2016, 02:10 PM
RE: it's too late to apologize - by Gaucho - 07-16-2016, 02:56 PM
RE: it's too late to apologize - by Sohalia - 07-16-2016, 03:33 PM
RE: it's too late to apologize - by Gaucho - 07-16-2016, 03:48 PM
RE: it's too late to apologize - by Sohalia - 07-16-2016, 04:16 PM
RE: it's too late to apologize - by Gaucho - 07-16-2016, 04:37 PM
RE: it's too late to apologize - by Sohalia - 07-16-2016, 05:10 PM
RE: it's too late to apologize - by Gaucho - 07-16-2016, 06:03 PM
RE: it's too late to apologize - by Sohalia - 07-16-2016, 06:26 PM