the Rift

[OPEN] When you try your best but you don't succeed

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
Open thread. Rhoa lurking at the borders at night time waiting for day and/or someone to find him to bring him to @Ranjiri

None of this feels real.

And I don’t say that lightly, or poetically. It isn’t that I feel as though I’m in a dream, or that the world has suddenly become so inhospitable as to not be real anymore, quite the opposite.

It literally doesn’t feel real.

I can’t feel my body. My wings - beating steadily as I fly undaunted forward - feel as though they are disconnected from me. I know my breathing is laboured, and despite the fact that my ears hear the way phlegm is accumulating deep in my lungs, I don’t feel it.

I can’t feel it.

All I can feel is is my heart. And it’s breaking.

I had seen her standing there, with Cera and my Father. I had hesitated, wondering whether or not I should go down to see her. My moments of considerations proved too long, for shortly she was hugging them and then flying off. On a mission perhaps? To see her mother maybe? I landed near my Father, not wanting to seem as though I was lurking, and I could tell instantly from the look on his face that she had been sent away on no mission.

Ranjiri go back to Hidden Falls.. That was all that he had said, and then turned away from me.

I didn’t leave right away. I had promised my sisters that I would never leave without saying goodbye, and given how often our family seemed to do that nowadays, I didn’t want to add to that long roster of disappointed disappearances. So I had sought them out, told them I would be gone for a few days, and then departed.

It was dark when I left, then day had broke, and then night again.

Am I even welcome here? I wonder with a laugh that parts my lips but never touches my eyes. And so what if I’m not? Who leads these lands? Archibald? Kaj? I couldn’t take either of them in a spar, but that was no deterrent. I would find her.

And then?

Then I didn’t know.

Please, I prayed silently as I landed on what I assumed to be the borders of this place, please let me find her. I didn’t know what it was I was going to say - why I was even here really - but I was. And I had to see her.

My embered wings folded against my flanks and I moved beneath a large tree, trying to appear as un-hostile as possible, as I waited for someone to find me.

Rhoa
Round here we talk just like lions
But we sacrifice like lambs
Round here she's slipping through my hands

Messages In This Thread
When you try your best but you don't succeed - by Rhoa - 07-16-2016, 10:47 AM