the Rift

[OPEN] When you try your best but you don't succeed

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
give me hope in the darkness
so that I will see the light

I was nearly asleep when Bear found me and nudged my leg. At first I ignored him because I was tired and just wanted to sleep, but he was insistent. He kept nudging at my legs and no matter how I shifted or moved he wouldn't just lay down and go to sleep like I hoped he would. "Stop it, Bear." I mumbled sleepily, but he wouldn't. I tried to shove him away, but he grunted and growled and started pulling at my tail and I started to wake up. As my mind started to come out of the fog of sleepiness I started to wonder why Bear was acting the way he was.

I flicked my tail to pull it out of Bear's grasp then I turned around to face him. "What?" I asked, because the more awake I was the more I suspected that he was trying to tell me something. He growled at me again then turned and started toward the border. I frowned and started after him, suddenly worried that he had come to get me because momma needed me. I couldn't think of anything that she'd need me for, though. I wasn't a fighter and I wasn't a healer. All I could do was build stuff with stone and I doubted that she needed me to build anything for her.

Bear moved quickly and I trotted after him so I wouldn't lose sight of him. We came upon Momma rather quickly and I moved to her side. "....Momma?" I asked, because I still hadn't figured out why she'd want me. She glanced at me then looked back toward the border, which made me follow her gaze. it was then that I finally noticed him.

"Rhoa?" I gasped his name, shocked that he would be on the border at night. "Why...? What are you doing here?" I had taken a step closer to him then stopped. Momma touched her muzzle to my side then turned and went back in the direction that I had come from. I watched her for a second before I turned my gaze back to Rhoa. "Are you okay?"

"."
Image Credit

@Rhoa

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
RE: When you try your best but you don't succeed - by Ranjiri - 07-28-2016, 11:44 PM