the Rift

[OPEN] When you try your best but you don't succeed

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
My anxiety, the feeling of crippling rejection, of the despair and loneliness that I had only known once before that had appeared so quickly in my heart - all of it was gone, replaced with a buoyancy that I couldn't possibly hope to describe. My body felt strong and weak all at the same time, as if I could fly forward and yet was sure that should Ranjiri shove be, I would topple over. I felt like laughing and screaming and crying. I wanted to stare into Jiji's eyes, but then again I couldn't possibly pull myself away from her.

I heard myself laugh into her mane, unable to help or hide it any longer. The laugh was one of relief and utter joy, but it was also quiet: meant only for her. 

This morning I had left the Throat thinking...well, thinking that I would return to it. I hadn't known what the outcome of this goodbye would be (certainly never in a million years had I thought of this), but I had always assumed that I would return. Now, that assumption slipped easily from my mind. I didn't care where we were - she could have asked me to stay in the Frozen Arch with her and I would have. The where didn't matter, only the who mattered.

And Ranjiri had always mattered to me.

... I think I love you.

I couldn't help the way my lips pulled back, hurting my cheeks that was how wide my smile was. I'm sure I looked stupid and boyishly naive, but what did that matter? I buried my muzzle in the tendrils of her mane and exhaled a breath I hadn't realized I had been holding. It felt as though a piece of my soul was being pulled on, as I pulled back from her. Only a step - a kept my wings folded around her shoulders, but for this, I needed to see her face. Her eyes.

"I know I love you." I whispered, my voice once again composed despite the fact that I could have equally screamed that sentence for all of the Falls to hear. Then I stepped forwards, my muzzle reaching for her own. But it didn't stop there: my lips trailed up her cheek towards her ear, down the crest of her neck and to her shoulders, making pitstops in her mane, all the while whispering, "I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you.."

Rhoa
Round here we talk just like lions
But we sacrifice like lambs
Round here she's slipping through my hands
@Ktulu

Messages In This Thread
RE: When you try your best but you don't succeed - by Rhoa - 07-31-2016, 01:40 AM