the Rift

[OPEN] When you try your best but you don't succeed

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

give me hope in the darkness
so that I will see the light

He laughed. He laughed, but it wasn't the bitter sound that I had anticipated when I'd imagined what could happen. Instead it sounded like a laugh of relief, of happiness. It was low, quiet, and I was sure that even if Momma was watching us she wouldn't hear it. I felt a million different things all at once. I felt stupid for thinking that Rhoa didn't care, relief and happiness that he did, excitement that he wanted to stay, sadness that I was taking him away from his family, hope for the future...

"I know I love you."

And joy that he loved me.

He kept whispering I love you over and over again and everytime he did it made my heart flutter. I'd heard from others that they loved me before, but it was always after I'd said it first. It was always an I love you, too and it never made me as happy as hearing I love you from Rhoa. I never believed it so whole-heartedly and readily as I did when it came from him and I didn't know why.

"I love you, too." I whispered because now that it had been said, now that it had been put to words I had no doubt about it. There was no 'I think I love you' there was only I love you and it felt amazing. It felt right and for the first time in a long, long time I felt truly happy.

"Come on." I murmured as I pulled myself out of Rhoa's embrace even though I could have gladly stayed there forever. "Lets go home."

"."
Image Credit

@Rhoa

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
RE: When you try your best but you don't succeed - by Ranjiri - 07-31-2016, 11:48 AM