the Rift

No Sorrow for Fate

Eahaela Posts: 4
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 3
TierRen

Eaheala felt no sorrow for the ability she had taken from her. What fate gives she may also take. No, Eaheala was not left distraught; as others who may have faced similar losses when crossing into Helovian land. The young mare pawed at the ground only to watch dirt settle. Enraptured she was by how it always settled once more even as she asked it to rise and dance around her. She sighed, no longer would she greet others with swirling sands, there goes my dramatic entrances. Lifting her attention from the ground Eahaela stared into the distance imagining new ways to announce her presence. Methods to announce myself only to slip away again, Eaheala wanted to be known but did not see anyplace fit to stay. Her reasoning was different from each place; she sabotaged herself, so intent she was upon finding perfection.

Though Eahaela did not feel any for the lost magic she did feel another loss. The girl's spotted hide shivered as the weight of the night began to fall further upon her. "Lyaeti, I am sorry." Mournfully she nosed the orb across the ground, a pout on her full lips. I never though Lyaeti to be sentient yet still I feel so-- disappointed. Truly it was sadness Eahaela felt but she did not wish to acknowledge it for what it was. Once, before entering Helovia, the orb had lit up whenever called. Behind Eahaela it had hovered, trailing her, keeping her from the clutches of darkness. Now it was rendered useless no matter how she called; just as her magic. Gently the mare lifted the orb from where it had fallen and she placed it into he satchel beside the seeds that had started her wandering.

I must plant them. They must grow, the rogue's face came to her memory, making her face flush, or this will all be for naught. Shame came to her for the seeds she had traded for the orb, that she had traded for the scarf, colored like the night sky, draped across her shoulders. To each merchant she had offered all she had that was of any worth; the seeds of a tree so rare it risked extinction. With the magic of the orb taken and winter passed both items seemed to be frivolous.

Eahaela let her tail down and shook the braid out of her mane. Looking back smugly at the cascading waves in her hair she smiled. Fate guides me correctly, unlatching the satchel she placed it on the ground and enjoyed the feeling of having fresh air brush against her neck, drying sweat from the place where the satchel had rested. As long as I keep faith in her she will not allow me to wander astray. The scarf she dropped to the ground too. Eahaela stretched and groaned as she laid down, settling her head onto the scarf. Whether it be an accessory or a soft place to lay her head Eahaela was determined to still find use for the fabric even in the months that the sun was given free reign. She wondered at what she could use Lyaeti for. No longer am I at an age to play with it as a ball, Eahaela harrumphed and rolled onto her side. Thinking herself too old for toys she refused to admit that the idea seemed sort of amusing.

credits

Opening posts are so hard.
[Image: eahaelapixel_by_tierren-d9ztant.png]
'Child of the Weeds'

Messages In This Thread
No Sorrow for Fate - by Eahaela - 07-16-2016, 03:45 PM
RE: No Sorrow for Fate - by Erebos - 07-17-2016, 06:13 AM
RE: No Sorrow for Fate - by Rein - 07-18-2016, 12:45 PM
RE: No Sorrow for Fate - by Eahaela - 07-18-2016, 03:47 PM
RE: No Sorrow for Fate - by Erebos - 07-18-2016, 05:20 PM
RE: No Sorrow for Fate - by Rein - 07-19-2016, 08:02 PM
RE: No Sorrow for Fate - by Eahaela - 07-20-2016, 10:48 PM