the Rift

[PRIVATE] sister-wives

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies

Where Nyx was brash, Sohalia was reserved, and though the dove did not take the unicorn's vulgarity for rudeness, it did come as a surprise. The Transcended had always been polite and diplomatic, and she got the impression that neither of those traits were inherent in the mare before her. Even so, she settled peacefully into her place beside the mare, making pleasant conversation as the humid morning drug on. One thing was certain: Nyx's description of the day was accurate. It was certainly hotter than the pits of hell and sweatier than an asscrack. (She wondered if she would ever be able to speak so brazenly. She rather doubted it.)

At the unicorn's query about her homeland, Sohalia smiled. Her interest was piqued by the information that Nyx's mate - however temporary - was located within the desert borders. The mare thought of the many eligible bachelors roaming the sands and she wondered who it was that had won Nyx's heart. The stranger did not seem the type to fall for just any man. Perhaps it was wrong of the dove to assume love upon any who was pregnant - after all, she had fallen prey to a one night stand that had ended in Aleta - but it was, nonetheless, her assumption.

"The Dragon's Throat is beautiful, but very hot," she told the mare honestly. "It has been my home for many seasons, and the summers never get any easier. The oasis is far more pleasant than the sands - there is as much greenery there as anywhere else in Helovia, and a small lake to slake your thirst. At night, the temperature is much more bearable, and if you walk a short distance from the trees, you have a beautiful view of the stars." She paused, smiling sheepishly. "But I suppose you may find that out soon enough. Congratulations, by the way," she added, nodding towards Nyx's swollen belly. "Children are a blessing."

After listening to Nyx's commentary on the Edge, Sohalia continued with another startled laugh, though it was somehow pleasing to her to hear the heat described in such a manner. "Well, a breeze is difficult to come by in the Throat, I'm afraid - but, truly, the oasis is almost pleasant. I wouldn't want to give birth at the border. If and when you come to us, please do try to make your way to the oasis. If you are questioned, tell them I invited you further in. You'll be safer, cooler, and closer to healers, in case the need arises." Her brow had furrowed slightly as she spoke, a small frown creasing her maw. She had had one too many births in which she or her children had needed assistance. She would not wish it on this mare.

"If you don't mind my asking," Sohalia said after a moment, her voice taking on a teasing tone, "who is the lucky stallion who won your affections?"

"Talk talk talk."
Astraeus.
you give up your soul till you break down;
subtlepatterns.com | foxyfirewings & larfsalot @ deviantart.com

@Nyx
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
sister-wives - by Nyx - 07-16-2016, 04:58 PM
RE: sister-wives - by Sohalia - 07-16-2016, 05:25 PM
RE: sister-wives - by Nyx - 07-16-2016, 05:38 PM
RE: sister-wives - by Sohalia - 07-16-2016, 05:56 PM
RE: sister-wives - by Nyx - 07-17-2016, 09:40 AM
RE: sister-wives - by Sohalia - 07-25-2016, 10:31 AM
RE: sister-wives - by Nyx - 07-30-2016, 08:36 AM
RE: sister-wives - by Sohalia - 08-06-2016, 02:16 PM