the Rift

[OPEN] A World Without

Zyanya Posts: 70
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 hh :: VI
Tai
TO LET MY HEART BE MOVED, TO LAUGH FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART,
TO FIND MEANING IN EVERYDAY LIFE...
With the night sky running uninterrupted above her head, the small porcelain doll travels easily in the North.  Unlike most nights, she retreats from the embrace of the mountains.  Instead, tiny patterns from her delicate hooves draw a path in the thin layer of snow, which gives way to the sun of summer even in the most brutal of climates.  The moon above carves a crescent in the sky, but it is not the source of illumination on the darkened earth below.

High above the angel wrapped in pale gold and blue, lights dance in the sky.  The wonder of the lights captured Zyanya's heart her first night spent up north, and even now, weeks after her arrival, the soft lavender eyes draw upward.
Teal hues are the first to be seen, but against the glimmering stones of stars in the distance, hues of gold and violet shimmer and wave.  A smile rests upon her lips, yet, with the state of her thoughts, it is a hollow expression.

Maybe because she is alone, maybe because it has been so long, her heart wavers in the cold summer night in the Steppe.  Images of her former home at night flicker in the caverns of her mind, twinkling like the stars above.  They are reminders of what she used to have, what she now lacks.  For all the warm hearts residing in the Aurora Basin, none of them beat with her in mind.  Somewhere, far away from her now, the blood of her family reverberates and mourns the loss of Zyanya.  The thought echoes across the empty expanse of the North, and in her own heart, she feels desperate to see their familiar faces.

Were it possible, she would transcend the distance between them all, step back into the past, and live happily.  The knowledge that it came to this harsher reality, with such glowing memories of her childhood, makes the disappointment crash down when she does not begin to float through time and space.  Instead, her hooves crunch down on the crisp surface of snow, feeling the earth below.

A sigh, ever so small, escapes from her lips into the night air.  A puff of mist forms around her face for a brief moment, and she halts.  Where could she go from here?

""

ooc -- hope you don't mind me just tagging you for this one, smitty!
...I wanted to be given permission.
Zyanya

@Kianzo
even if you're lost you can't lose the love because
it's in your heart

Magic & Force allowed, barring permanent changes or death.

Messages In This Thread
A World Without - by Zyanya - 07-16-2016, 09:26 PM
RE: A World Without - by Kianzo - 08-26-2016, 12:27 PM
RE: A World Without - by Zyanya - 08-31-2016, 01:12 PM
RE: A World Without - by Kianzo - 10-09-2016, 12:03 AM