the Rift

[PRIVATE] at the divide

Kiada Posts: 181
World's Edge Nurse
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 2 years - Birdsong
Khairi :: Leucistic Lammergeier :: Paralyze Skylark
You think I'll be the dark sky
She watched him with bright oceanic eyes that at some point in her future could rival the sunsets on the beach. They were wide, full of innocence and wonder as she watched him plunge his nose deep into the water. Part of her wanted to rush over to him, her body visibly twitching with the impulsive notion of checking up on him. But he stumbled back, tossing a few spreads of water droplets in her direction. They pelt parts of her skin with the chill they accumulated by their flight. Her hide twitched with the sudden change of temperature. But still, she waited, eyes wide and watching as he gathered himself back together.

Why’s it hot!” He demanded from her. His voice was an oddly soothing mix of what reminded her of her brother. It was different though, more mature, more aged, more masculine even. But she couldn’t stop watching him as he refused to look at her. She didn’t even care at this point that she was simply staring at this ebony colt. She felt a small sigh pass her lips as her heart began to relax from his heightened pulse that she didn’t even realize it had gone to. “I dunno. Mother calls it the hot springs. I guess it’s supposed to be hot?” She muttered, her voice reaching out to him from across the wide pool of nearly boiling water. How did the adults handle it?

Of course curiosity got the best of the filly. And she turned her attention back down to the water as Khairi clacked his beak in clear disapproval of what Kiada was about to do. Warily, the filly lifted an ink stained dagger and dipped her tiny hoof into the water. At first, it wasn’t so bad, but when the water reached her hocks she immediately pulled it back to the edge, shaking it off violently as she clenched her teeth. “Stupid water.” She grumbled, kicking some of the dirt and the rocks from the edges and watching as it sank below. But then, his attention was nearly on her – she could feel it. So she stood up and looked at him as he asked her a pointed question then displayed his own wings.

Kiada only shrugged, uncertain. “I don’t know. Mother doesn’t have them. I don’t think Father has them.” She began, about to ramble on and on before Khairi pecked at her hock causing her to emit a sharp growl in his direction. The tiny bearded vulture chick stood proudly, turning his head to look at the ebony colt as he spread his own wings. “Uh, he has them! He's my companion as Mother said. He’s my wings.” She concluded smugly, if not still slightly upset at the whole water charade as well as the stupid bird pecking her leg.

"Talk."
so you can be the star? —
I'll swallow you whole.
Kiada
image | coding

no worries :D

IT'S SAID SHE'S MADE OF STORM CELLS
AND A WILD WOLF'S HUNGRY HEART,
THAT SHE'S LEARNT THE LIGHTNING'S SECRET
TO RIPPING DARKENED SKIES APART.

Messages In This Thread
at the divide - by Kiada - 07-17-2016, 08:46 PM