the Rift

[OPEN] We All Have Our Days

Aelfwine Posts: 101
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Vanya :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Skylark
Something in you is yearning,
for where all the wild things went,
The filly walked with her, and Aelfwine was careful to make sure the shade landed mostly on the child. Despite both having lighter coats, the sun and the heat were unrelenting. Aelfwine was more experienced with dealing with such temperatures, she was sure. So they set off, searching for the water. She picked a direction and off they went. After walking for a few moments, the filly answered her questions gently. Nodding her heavy horned head Aelfwine smiled gently to the filly. “Well, after we drink and rest I can take you home? I haven’t been here long, I’m still learning. I heard my brother lives in the Edge, but that was some time ago. I’m not sure if he’s still there.” She admitted fondly, excitement building within her that the child was from the Edge – the place she had meant to look for her long lost sibling.

Then as they continued to walk, she looked over to her left and faintly heard the rumble of the river. “Oh! I think it’s over here. Come with me, child.” She spoke in a more hurried tone, picking up her pace slightly but glancing back at the filly to make sure she could keep up. It would be so wonderful to reach the river, to drink and to bathe in. It was far too hot and she was far too messy to want to finally meet up with her brother once again after so long. She made sure to keep an eye on the child as she rushed toward the sound, and coming over a tiny hill her emerald gaze dropped down to the source of the sound. A wide grin spread across her pink snipped lips.

They had been moving for what seemed like ages with the heat and the conversation. And finally, they had the river in sight. Cloven hooves took her across the dying grasses toward the life of water. Finally, she was able to indulge. But she allowed the filly to do so first. And she began to move into the middle of the raging river, allowing the sprays and push back to sprinkle across her dappled flesh. A smile embedded into her lips as she lowered her head to drink.

"Talk."
a daisy in the cracks —
amidst a world made of cement.
aelfwine
image | coding

@Hera <33

Messages In This Thread
We All Have Our Days - by Hera - 07-17-2016, 09:04 PM
RE: We All Have Our Days - by Aelfwine - 07-17-2016, 09:17 PM
RE: We All Have Our Days - by Hera - 07-17-2016, 09:52 PM
RE: We All Have Our Days - by Aelfwine - 07-17-2016, 11:05 PM
RE: We All Have Our Days - by Hera - 07-22-2016, 06:53 PM