the Rift

[OPEN] Deep Breath

Kiada Posts: 181
World's Edge Nurse
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 2 years - Birdsong
Khairi :: Leucistic Lammergeier :: Paralyze Skylark
The two had spent quite some time away from their Mother and the rocky confines of their icy homeland. Kiada was vibrant with excitement at experiencing as much as possible in her young age, far before responsibility and emotions would inevitably get in the way. So she tried to explore as much as she could. She had a large amount of wanderlust, part of it her companion Khairi helped with. The two couldn’t stay in one place, they’d fidget and complain nonstop. They were eager to see new experiences, to stretch out their growing legs and feel the Tallsun wind against their skin. Kiada had gotten a chance to speak with her twin, to get over the grievances that caused the anger that sparked between them. Kia felt as though she understood her other half better, and she hoped that he understood her better in turn as well.

She danced along the sands as they experienced the Endless Blue. Khairi could fly on his own now, still a bit shakily but far more confident, and the bearded vulture slid through the air that promised storms and havoc as though it were what he was born to do. A small coo escaped his throat to the filly, and she simply smiled to her bonded before shooting a glance over at Kianzo and his cub companion. They walked together, in such a union that it was almost unnatural but captivating. Just like it had been when they were born, just as it was now. No amount of anger or arguing would be able to take them away from one another. For in the end, they always ended up the same – different ideas, same results.

As the twins wandered, Khairi spotted another being out among the sands. He swooped in return to the filly, landing sharply along her back. His claws dug in slightly to her pelt, and a shiver ran down her spine as he did so. She wasn’t used to the vulture’s talons quite yet – but one day she would. As Khairi stood witchingly along her back, the flames danced and molded around him – illuminating him in a strange dance as the flames portrayed griffons flying and prowling across her spine. Her oceanic gaze, set among a sea of ivory and onyx, were set on the caramel body unknown to her. As they approached, she didn’t even have to look to Kianzo, to acknowledge the words that were sure to slip his lips laced in arrogance. Instead, she nodded her head to the other filly (as it appeared to be between the trio’s gangly features and growing limbs). “What’re you doing?” She asked, cocking her head and studying the filly.

"Talk?"
kiada
"I play with the fire of my own truth,
I will burn for the things I love."

image || coding

@Kianzo @Vastra sorry it took so long!

IT'S SAID SHE'S MADE OF STORM CELLS
AND A WILD WOLF'S HUNGRY HEART,
THAT SHE'S LEARNT THE LIGHTNING'S SECRET
TO RIPPING DARKENED SKIES APART.

Messages In This Thread
Deep Breath - by Vastra - 07-19-2016, 08:39 PM