the Rift

[PRIVATE] take what is ours

Kiada Posts: 181
World's Edge Nurse
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 2 years - Birdsong
Khairi :: Leucistic Lammergeier :: Paralyze Skylark
It's said she's made of storm cells
and a wild wolf's hungry heart
As she questioned him, he answered. It wasn’t a frustrated or angry response, annoyed with a child who didn’t know any better. He was attentive, willing to teach her parts of the world and the way it all worked before judging her for her ignorance. And for that, the filly was grateful. She stood and watched as her flames danced and shifted, melding into different animals as her emotions changed and her young body stood as an open sponge – ready to soak up whatever information the Basin’s prince had to offer her. And she wasn’t disappointed with the results.

Snow rimmed ears were tipped as far forward as they could go, mulling over every word as they bounced around in her small mind. “Monarchs can be just as weak as the rest of us, just as indecisive, just as unsure.” Did that mean her father was like her? That when she was afraid of something happening that he might also feel afraid? A more interesting question sparked in her chest as she thought of Deimos – the pillar of the Basin. Did he ever feel afraid or unsure? And if so, how did he mask it so well? The questions poured and bubbled in her small frame and when she wanted to ask him all these questions of how they could be made monarchs if they were exactly the same as the rest of them, the ebony stallion continued. His voice almost leaking with excitement and vibrancy in the words he spoke, believing in each and every syllable that left his lips.

He questioned her more, her head tilted slightly, nodding along with everything he said as she drank it in. He pointed at her chest, then to her head, aiming to make a point that Kiada would soon find as a line to live her life by. She offered him a small smile, milk white teeth shining against the brightness of the sky as she nodded along eagerly. “I’m going to learn how to use my mind better than anyone else.” She decided with a determined look, grinning to Erebos. Then, she had begun to realize how late it was getting. Khairi cooed to her quietly as if in agreement, and she glanced down at the white vulture chick before turning her attention back to the prince. “Thanks for teaching me about power and stuff.” She began, smiling. “I have a lot to think about and Mother will be wondering where I am. Maybe you can teach me more sometime.” She concluded, turning away from the ebony prince. “See you later Prince Erebos!” She called out before picking up a tiny trot and dancing back to her mothers cave.

"Talk."
that she's learnt the lightning's secret—
to ripping darkened skies apart.
Kiada
image | coding

thanks for the thread Heather <333

IT'S SAID SHE'S MADE OF STORM CELLS
AND A WILD WOLF'S HUNGRY HEART,
THAT SHE'S LEARNT THE LIGHTNING'S SECRET
TO RIPPING DARKENED SKIES APART.

Messages In This Thread
take what is ours - by Erebos - 07-20-2016, 06:54 PM