the Rift

[OPEN] its too hot.

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen

Mordecai, daughter of Einarr, was not the only one to suffer beneath the oppressive heel of heat. Ashamin the Clovenheart had been raised in a cold more biting than that of the Basin, and as a result had no love for Tallsun’s fiery insistence. He too dripped with sweat, and walked sluggishly through the Thistle Meadow in search of relief. Though Lochan and Rakt were better at adapting to the season, they too moved slower than usual. It wasn’t the heat that bothered them but rather the bright intrusion of day on their nocturnal schedules.

Stop, Lochan moaned across the bond, a command which Rakt obeyed and Ashamin stubbornly ignored.

"We’ll rest soon," was all Ashamin said in reply, continuing to walk and forcing Rakt to do the same, lest he be left behind. The Clovenheart was not exactly in the mood to pause and argue with the blood colored cerndyr, who had been overt in his desire to turn back and find shelter in the shade of trees for the entire duration of their walk. Lochan was reluctant but did as told, pausing only to tug a mouthful of grass from the meadow’s covering.

When the stream appeared before them, Ashamin only cast the two cerndyr that followed him a self-satisfied look before throwing himself into it. There wasn’t time to gloat, he needed to cool off and he assumed his companions wanted the same. So when Lochan didn’t follow Ashamin into the water, and when Rakt moved slower than usual, Ashamin was quick to suspect he had moved too quickly.

He lifted his head from the water, letting the marks of the stream sluice across his features and fill the creases of his bear as he turned to (unfortunately) stare at the mare he’d unknowingly barged in on. Ashamin adopted a rather comical guilty smile, made further laughable by the flopping of his large ears, before calling out to her from upstream.

"I promise, stranger, if I hadn’t been too distracted by the heat I would have asked if you minded me joining you."

And with a whip of his long tail and the look of a fool, Ashamin was back to himself again.

""
Ashamin

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
its too hot. - by Mordecai - 07-21-2016, 08:05 PM
RE: its too hot. - by Ashamin - 07-26-2016, 11:21 AM
RE: its too hot. - by Vastra - 08-04-2016, 07:30 PM
RE: its too hot. - by Mordecai - 08-06-2016, 08:31 PM
RE: its too hot. - by Ashamin - 08-29-2016, 07:24 AM
RE: its too hot. - by Vastra - 08-31-2016, 01:21 PM