the Rift

[OPEN] I told you to be patient.

Zyanya Posts: 70
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 hh :: VI
Tai
Zyanya
Happiness was a funny thing.

While you could create your own, the difficulty of doing so changed like the seasons.  When your outlook turned down, when your heart became blunted, happiness might as well be a distant island you view from the shore.  However, there was something about the emotion that could be handed over from others in small pieces or huge waves, and you could let your body drift within the feeling or bypass it altogether.

Somehow, Zyanya never suffered from a downtrodden spirit.  Even when she felt lonely or sad a smile rested just behind the kind words of a stranger or the beautiful scenery of a new place.  Today, standing quite still in a sun drenched meadow, she felt the rays of summer warming her soul and melting the ice in her veins.
While she loved her home in the north, with the beautiful images of winter hanging from every mountain peak, the feeling of the cold made her feel distant, far, and, without much to hold near to her heart here in Helovia, that was a feeling all too common.

A great chasm starting from the death of Jani and running straight through her life to the present overflowed with loneliness.  Crippling, suffocating at times, yet easy to remedy here in a land where one could not go far without seeing a new face.  Their presence warmed her skin far more than the heat of the sun or the touch of a humid breeze.  Her thoughts run back to Haldir, to Seanan, to Rikyn, to Lena, to Skyfall, and even to the grouchy old man Al.  Little glimmers of sunlight sparkle from brief interactions, and together, they cascade around her, lifting her spirit and the corners of her lips.

Meanwhile, her lavender eyes gaze longingly at the purple thistles held in tall grass.  For the outside observer, she is a pale, porcelain doll taking in the waning beauty of a summer field.  Inside her mind, the recent past lays like a thick cloud cover over her more haunting memories.
Faces that brought pain instead of happiness to her mind.

""

ooc -- for @Essetia , but anyone can feel free to join.
YOU ARE THE BLUEST LIGHT.
image credit to Steve Corey on flickr.com
even if you're lost you can't lose the love because
it's in your heart

Magic & Force allowed, barring permanent changes or death.

Messages In This Thread
I told you to be patient. - by Zyanya - 07-23-2016, 08:58 PM
RE: I told you to be patient. - by Essetia - 07-24-2016, 04:29 PM
RE: I told you to be patient. - by Zyanya - 07-25-2016, 02:58 PM
RE: I told you to be patient. - by Essetia - 07-28-2016, 02:24 PM
RE: I told you to be patient. - by Zyanya - 07-29-2016, 05:45 PM
RE: I told you to be patient. - by Essetia - 07-31-2016, 07:17 PM
RE: I told you to be patient. - by Zyanya - 08-02-2016, 01:20 PM
RE: I told you to be patient. - by Essetia - 08-03-2016, 08:40 PM
RE: I told you to be patient. - by Zyanya - 08-30-2016, 04:31 PM