the Rift

[OPEN] Low Roar.

Zyanya Posts: 70
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 hh :: VI
Tai
I paced the places and the hallways where we'd meet
hoping one day you'd come my way and sweep me off my feet.
Rain.

It poured from the heavens, from massive grey clouds whose edges she could not see.  The droplets were large, a cool touch on warm skin.  The heat of summer abated, fleeing from the moisture and allowing the whole world to glow with green light in the forest.  Instead of the orange tint of the sun, the life of the forest prevailed.

Leaves sought the nectar of the sky, stretching out hands to grasp the drink before it disappeared below.  Within the trunks of the trees, a woman.  Her body is a slight figure of pale blue and gold, starkly opposite of the dark hued green trees.  A long mane is plastered against her shoulder from the rainwater, suggesting she has been standing out of shelter for a while now.  Her eyes rest steadily on the crashing surface of the ruby waters, an air of indecision wrapped around her whole body.

Under the boughs and the billowing storm-clouds, the feeling of night spread among the forest in the middle of the day.  Even the crimson of the ruby decorated pools darkens, almost running black as it skitters and flees from the rush of the falls into the forest.  She, the pallid maiden with soft eyes, hums a tune from a distant land and time.  The crashing of large droplets on the ground from above sparkle in the background of the song, seeming to fit with melody in a strange sort of way.

A rain song from her home, a blessed plea to bring storms to the valleys in dry times.  Listening to the showers from above, her mind drifts in and out of reality, lurking in the corners of her memories while still taking in the sights of the present.
In her heart, the ache of homesickness lurks beneath a thin layer of contentedness.  Maybe, should the rain fall down long enough, it would wash away even the deepest set scars.

""

ooc -- For @Virga
even if you're lost you can't lose the love because
it's in your heart

Magic & Force allowed, barring permanent changes or death.

Messages In This Thread
Low Roar. - by Zyanya - 07-23-2016, 09:57 PM
RE: Low Roar. - by Virga - 07-24-2016, 12:17 PM
RE: Low Roar. - by Zyanya - 07-25-2016, 01:48 PM
RE: Low Roar. - by Virga - 08-07-2016, 07:35 PM
RE: Low Roar. - by Zyanya - 08-30-2016, 02:20 PM
RE: Low Roar. - by Virga - 09-18-2016, 07:52 PM
RE: Low Roar. - by Zyanya - 10-07-2016, 02:07 PM