the Rift

[OPEN] bring me to life [birthing]

Xolani Posts: 39
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.0 hh :: 6 years (ages in Orangemoon)
ChaoticMelodies

Xolani cleans the girl, noting with concern the odd angles of her legs. Perhaps it is her fault somehow, for not realizing sooner that she was pregnant, for having the odd luck of bearing twins. Perhaps it is because of this that the filly is not entirely healthy - as though her mother could have done anything differently, prevented any of this. The mare glances towards the colt, appraising him momentarily for any similar malformities. Thankfully, he seems to be healthy. The mare turns her attention back to the filly, preparing to continue cleaning her tiny body of the fluids of childbirth, but she is stopped in her tracks. To her amazement, a canvas has appeared beneath her daughter, a canvas that is being painted with strokes of color. As though in answer, Xolani's pelt begins to change in color as shapes of excitement and awe appear.

The spell that the filly has cast on the trio is broken by instinct; Xolani carefully places her forelegs, and then heaves herself to her feet. She returns her ministrations to the colt, who she has almost entirely cleaned. Her ears flick this way and that, listening for anything out of the ordinary, anything that should concern her. For a moment, she is swamped with worry - where is Ilios? Should he not be here to welcome his children into the world? - but it is rapidly replaced by happiness and affection. She is immediately comfortable in the role of mother.

She returns to cleaning the girl, who seems to be the more fragile of the two. If nothing else, it would seem that she is going to need the most assistance to stand. Though she has already tried, she has succeeded only in burying herself even more deeply in the sand; her mother digs gently around her tiny body, shoving the annoying, shifting grains away and trying to flatten an area for the filly to use. She periodically switches from one foal to the other, trying to help them both to their feet in order for them to nurse, trying to ensure that they recognize her as their mother, trying to make sure they feel her love equally.

Art by Neverrmind @ DA

@Ilios

@Kolr

@ Patrick
Please tag Xolani in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Xolani? Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
bring me to life [birthing] - by Xolani - 07-25-2016, 02:26 PM
RE: bring me to life [birthing] - by Kolr - 07-25-2016, 02:54 PM
RE: bring me to life [birthing] - by Patrick - 07-27-2016, 01:18 PM
RE: bring me to life [birthing] - by Xolani - 08-06-2016, 03:59 PM
RE: bring me to life [birthing] - by Ilios - 09-06-2016, 03:07 PM