the Rift

[OPEN] Turn On Your Heartlight.

Zyanya Posts: 70
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 hh :: VI
Tai
TO LET MY HEART BE MOVED, TO LAUGH FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART,
TO FIND MEANING IN EVERYDAY LIFE...
Summer rays rained down, even in the northern expanse of the Aurora Basin.  The snow still remained untouched atop the peaks surrounding the herdland, but within the air warmth lay uncomfortably on her skin.  Born a winter child, both in the time of the year and coloring, Zyanya had never been terribly fond of the heat.  Spring held her undeniable favor, with all the bright colors of flowers and the still present touch of father winter.  With the incidents occuring in fast succession this spring, though, she wanted to forget about the gentle blossoms and cooler skies.  The burning of the sun came with a slight sense of solace.

Still, sweating even in the far reaches of the north, she could not wait for autumn's arrival.

Today, she stands at the edge of the glassy pool of crystalline mountain waters, eyes tracing over the reflections of the mountains behind and around her.  Thoughts linger everywhere, from her arrival here to the herd meeting to her many ventures out of the land.  She takes comfort in the still, mirror like appearance of the lake.  Time seemed to slow here, in the land of frozen snow and ice.  If she were lucky, it would afford her time to catch up on everything that happened and heal.  Would she ever be able to forget her former home, her former life?  Likely, it was not possible, yet it is said time is the great mender of all things.

Looking into the waters, the reflection of herself is quite similar to ones she had seen before.  A small girl, a proud horn, and a canvas of a pallid sunrise.  Instead of braids holding her mane and tail in an orderly manner, the locks flow freely.  The twines holding them together had been lost in her flight months ago, but her mind still held the images of her former appearance tightly.  Clutching on to past visions, like a child clinging to a safety blanket.
She was not her braids, but something made her desire the familiarity of her heritage.  Changing in a new land scared her, frankly, for she did not know who she would turn out to be.
Zyanya never really knew who she was until she had changed.  A pretty wallflower incapable of anything, scared of everything, who knew nothing.

Now, at least, the weight of reality tempered her foolish views on life.  She learned of the great power that could be held by others, and the tragedies that could befall them.  Little by little, she took cautious steps toward someone more capable, someone less blissfully ignorant.
Someone worth mentioning.

""

ooc -- I got distracted half way through, so I apologize.  It's sort of... disjointed.
...I wanted to be given permission.
Zyanya

@Rexanna
even if you're lost you can't lose the love because
it's in your heart

Magic & Force allowed, barring permanent changes or death.

Messages In This Thread
Turn On Your Heartlight. - by Zyanya - 07-26-2016, 09:36 AM
RE: Turn On Your Heartlight. - by Rexanna - 07-30-2016, 12:17 PM
RE: Turn On Your Heartlight. - by Zyanya - 08-20-2016, 05:03 PM
RE: Turn On Your Heartlight. - by Rexanna - 08-21-2016, 09:40 PM
RE: Turn On Your Heartlight. - by Zyanya - 08-31-2016, 12:26 AM
RE: Turn On Your Heartlight. - by Rexanna - 08-31-2016, 10:50 PM
RE: Turn On Your Heartlight. - by Zyanya - 09-01-2016, 03:08 PM
RE: Turn On Your Heartlight. - by Rexanna - 09-04-2016, 02:56 PM
RE: Turn On Your Heartlight. - by Zyanya - 09-05-2016, 12:48 AM