the Rift

[OPEN] 99 Red Balloons [Welcoming]

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds

Their return to the sun and bitter warmth of the Dragon’s Throat was quick-lived. Essetia had wanted to prolong her visit to the Threshold, but conversation had proven to be more a formality than indulgent. However, the closer she drew toward her own southern borders, the closer she became to Romul and their shared telecommunication. First he came in small bits before growing larger and more excited in her thoughts. You’re home, he shuddered internally when at last Essetia and her new companion faced the waters that separated the island from the rest of Helovia. They shimmered and lapped along the embankment below, where the cliff dropped into what were once red canyons, but their rushing could still be heard from above. As Essetia lingered at the cliff face, she turned toward Sabia with an enchanted smile. “Welcome home Sabia,” she began easily. “I’m sure you won’t need my help for the next part,” she assured while nudging the key that hung loosely about her thick neck.

When the spy motioned to take a step toward the sheer drop and imminent death beyond, the magic bridge appeared soundlessly ahead of her instead.  Sabia wouldn’t need to access the Throat in such a way due to her wings, but Essetia allowed room for the newcomer to join her in the crossing anyway. "Fortunately, you won’t need a key like I do, but should you require one, just let me know. Aside from that, there are many taskforces within the Throat that you may want to take part in at some point,” Essetia informed lightly as she lead the way into the glaring heat of the desert. “I am a spy by trade and have been so in numerous other establishments, but there are a great many jobs available to you here.

The spy turned to study her new recruit with some curiosity. She wasn’t sure that Sabia was cut from a warrior’s cloth and instead envisioned her a healer or a scholar. However, Essetia had seen more surprising matches than this and therefore watched Sabia intently. “Is there anything you think you might be particularly good at?” she prodded insensitively. The Pegasus had only just arrived to Helovia, but with Essetia’s lack of proper conversation (aside from the childish babble of her offspring) she found herself hugely inappropriate when it came to conversing.

The red rolling sands and the soft orange haze that danced up from the blistering dunes beckoned from all around. However, the electric blue sky gazed down on both Essetia and Sabia with remorse. The Throat was boiling, but beautiful… the perfect place to forget your fears in order to stay cool.

essetia & romul
Image Credits | Background Image

@Sabia || I went ahead and posted here so we could get you out of the Threshold.

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Messages In This Thread
99 Red Balloons [Welcoming] - by Essetia - 07-26-2016, 07:09 PM
RE: 99 Red Balloons [Welcoming] - by Sabia - 07-27-2016, 11:12 PM
RE: 99 Red Balloons [Welcoming] - by Luna - 07-28-2016, 08:11 AM
RE: 99 Red Balloons [Welcoming] - by Essetia - 07-28-2016, 03:07 PM
RE: 99 Red Balloons [Welcoming] - by Sabia - 07-28-2016, 05:19 PM
RE: 99 Red Balloons [Welcoming] - by Sikeax - 07-28-2016, 06:59 PM
RE: 99 Red Balloons [Welcoming] - by Luna - 07-28-2016, 09:36 PM
RE: 99 Red Balloons [Welcoming] - by Essetia - 07-31-2016, 03:29 PM