the Rift

[OPEN] violet hill [herb gathering]

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
a bright star, so no one lets you down
I will shine to guide you.
When her dear friend and mentor had announced their journey for new herbs and sprigs, the ocean mare had agreed readily to the errand. Always eager to assist with the well being of her home, and ever delighted to preform tasks hungered for by her healer’s heart, she finds her emotions swollen with joy as their pleasant group treks over mountains and through valleys. Their adventure is filled with songs and laughter; a beautiful picture of camaraderie, of people (strangers, perhaps) brought together and stitched as one with the companionship of home—of a sense of fellowship and family.

There are a few faces among them that Tiamat doesn’t recognize, or names she can’t place—and while she still has every intention and yearning to familiarize herself with each of them, she does not huddle at their sides as she usually would. Rather, for this particular little journey, the blue mare hovers towards the back of their company. While walking, singing, and humming along, it is the glittering egg (encased and carried in a large pocket of water, moving steadily at her side) that dominates the young Mender’s attention.

What a peculiar sight it must be! The brightly-colored unicorn, with a round pocket of water floating at her shoulder, its current slow and rhythmic as it swirls round and round, swaddling a most precious orb—its surface smooth and polished, glimmering and twinkling beneath the water’s light. Tiamat can hardly keep from smiling. Her eyes are tender and her expression doting each time she steals a glance at her egg (although more rare is it that she is not fawning over her dearest little creature). The miles pass away beneath her hooves like a slow sigh of breath—effortless—and before she realizes, they have already arrived at their chosen place for harvesting.

Glancing around the violet bramble that stretches out around them, Tiamat pauses where she stands. Perhaps she should set her egg in a nest for safekeeping while they gather herbs...but the idea of parting from the marbled orb is too much for her gentle heart to bear; so keeping it at her side, she advances towards the others. Drawn by unfamiliar voices of interest, the ocean mare approaches a triangle of equines—one young filly (she remembers her from the herd meeting, hovering at the golden Thief’s side), a pale mare, and her beloved friend.

“I would love to teach you as well,” the blue mare offers happily, settling among them with a comfortable smile. “My name is Tiamat, another healer for the Basin. Lena is a wonderful mentor, but perhaps I can try for a moment,” she winks playfully to the brown mare, forever respectful and grateful for her teachings, before her attention broadens to the other two.

Tiamat will never stop learning about and studying the beautiful art of healing—of this she is certain. She craves knowledge, craves guidance, and hand-in-hand with this, is her desire to share. To teach and give the wisdom that has so graciously been bestowed upon her. “Herbs are an incredible resource—so versatile and helpful, they can be found in any part of the world. No matter the practice that you seek to follow, be it Seeing, Crafting, or Protecting, even the most basic herbal knowledge will benefit you,” though there is excitement in her voice, she speaks almost reverently, “It’s nature’s gift to us.” Even without magic, nature and gods have not left them helpless, if they are willing to open their minds to the earth around them.

It has taken her many, many months to grasp this blessing.

notes; I figured she's talked enough already, I'll give you a chance to respond xD
“Speech.”

@Lena @Kiada @Zyanya | image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
violet hill [herb gathering] - by Lena - 07-27-2016, 05:36 PM
RE: violet hill [herb gathering] - by Kiada - 07-30-2016, 12:45 PM
RE: violet hill [herb gathering] - by Zyanya - 07-30-2016, 08:30 PM
RE: violet hill [herb gathering] - by Tiamat - 08-01-2016, 04:40 PM
RE: violet hill [herb gathering] - by Lena - 08-07-2016, 08:06 AM
RE: violet hill [herb gathering] - by Kiada - 08-07-2016, 09:25 PM
RE: violet hill [herb gathering] - by Mortuus Nox - 08-08-2016, 11:24 PM