the Rift

[OPEN] HERE, CATCH ME}

Bathsheba Posts: 45
Outcast
Filly :: Hybrid :: 16.3 hh :: II years
Kansas
Eat me up,
I'm dead inside.
Blood, bright red splattering with finality into the salty brine, kissing dark ankles as pale eyes watched in mutilated wonder. Somewhere in the depths of her chest something split open, a blossom of sorts, painted in shadow and fed by the twinges of fear that rippled against a rigid spine. Everything happened so fast there was nothing to be done, the eagle had found its mark and his supine companion was soon to follow. The filly was dark in every form, eyes flashing while sharp words penetrated the careful silence. Oh! It wasn't your buddy was it? Sorry!, not an ounce of honesty bled from those crooked lips, wiry mane brushing stiffly in the light breeze. She could not have been any younger, maybe a few weeks older, than Bathsheba. The telltale signs of youth pervaded the unusually gruff attitude in long legs and shuddering ribs. Hooves swept uneasily in the wet dirt and the long line of her tail curled indecisively between and around back legs, a comforting gesture perhaps?

"Nobody you need to know." There was surprise at the blunt fierceness that dripped away from a coiling tongue, young muscles sliding in tight rolls as she shifted a few feet between them. Where this creature was all hard soil and dirty mouth, she was fine lines and taught planes, derived of elegance and painted in power. The artistic venture of a growing body was drawing her into different, awkward shapes, legs a little too long for the bulk of her body while the smattering of patchwork hairs across her sides fell short in velvet fields. The dark outline was a shocking contrast to vivid white eyes that now suffered upon the dark girl with hardly-veiled scrutiny. Where a sniveling girl had once waited in boredom, a dissatisfied child now looked on with political distaste. Faced with arrogant fumes as the bird continued its feast upon the seagull, the same seagull she had attempted earlier to so desperately escape. The same seagull that her heart now reached out for as its skull bobbed against the riding currents. "And what if he was? What would you do?" She suddenly asked, curiosity probing in short eddies against the vicious wall of her defense. "Would you stand there and watch me fade, watch my spirit splinter in your irresponsibility-" She held her breath "would you watch me die?" Something way deep down inside was beginning to boil, something she was only vaguely familiar with, something... her mother worked hard to keep at bay with re-direction and soft words. "Of course you would, you think you're something special don't you." Her gaze jerked down to the gorging eagle and in that short moment she recognized the ugly face of her own jealousy, her own disgust, and it was too late to take it all back.

@Oizys so please don't kill me?

Messages In This Thread
HERE, CATCH ME} - by Bathsheba - 07-28-2016, 09:36 AM
RE: HERE, CATCH ME} - by Oizys - 07-29-2016, 04:31 PM
RE: HERE, CATCH ME} - by Bathsheba - 07-29-2016, 05:50 PM
RE: HERE, CATCH ME} - by Oizys - 08-05-2016, 10:58 AM
RE: HERE, CATCH ME} - by Bathsheba - 08-06-2016, 07:52 PM
RE: HERE, CATCH ME} - by Oizys - 08-07-2016, 07:19 AM
RE: HERE, CATCH ME} - by Bathsheba - 08-07-2016, 11:49 AM
RE: HERE, CATCH ME} - by Oizys - 08-11-2016, 02:49 PM
RE: HERE, CATCH ME} - by Bathsheba - 08-13-2016, 03:49 AM
RE: HERE, CATCH ME} - by Oizys - 08-20-2016, 07:06 AM