the Rift

[PRIVATE] heart to heart

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
The relief I felt upon seeing Cera was swift and overwhelming. I hadn't worried so much that he wouldn't show up as I was that he'd bee too busy and would be unable to. I needed to see him. I needed to talk to him. The last time we'd lived apart was so long ago and I was desperate not to let distance tear our relationship apart. I mean, even if we lived in two different herds and were hundreds of miles apart he was still my brother and I still loved him with every fiber of my being.

I smiled when he wrapped his wings around me, glad for the physical contact. I'd always felt safe and loved with him and right then was no different than any other time. "I miss you." I whispered against his neck. "I miss you so much." I wanted to ask him to stay with me in the Falls, too, but I didn't want to put him in the position of having to choose. I'd already done it to Rhoa and I was sure that having to tell Gaucho that he was leaving, too, was hard. No matter how much I wanted Cera with me I couldn't rip him away from the Throat. No matter how much I wanted to be selfish I wouldn't.

"How are you, sister? Is the falls treating you well?"

"I'm okay." I answered. "They made me a Mason. I think its because I had the best teacher in the Throat." I offered another smile and I shifted my weight. It was never usually hard to talk to Cera, all I had to do was ask him a question and I got an answer, but the subject of our father was a touchy one. He was a wound that had scarred over, one that ached on rainy days, and was always present, always visible even when the days were good.

Before I could say anything he beat me to the punch and asked why I had asked him there. "I wanted to talk to you." I admitted. "About uhm .. about Midas-- Dad." I said. "I didn't get to spend a lot of time with him so ... I don't really know anything about him. All I know is ... its just flashes of memories from the times that he did visit. And I remember Momma asking him to stay with us and him refusing. And ... I asked Rhoa to stay with me in the Falls and he agreed and it made me wonder. If he loved Momma as much as he said he did why didn't he stay? I've been trying to understand it and I just can't. And ... it made me wonder if he really loved her. And if he really loved me."

"."

Mother, make me
Make me a big tall tree
So I can shed my leaves and let it blow through me

@Cera

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
heart to heart - by Ranjiri - 07-31-2016, 11:13 PM
RE: heart to heart - by Cera - 08-04-2016, 11:36 PM
RE: heart to heart - by Ranjiri - 08-05-2016, 12:02 AM
RE: heart to heart - by Cera - 08-05-2016, 12:56 AM
RE: heart to heart - by Ranjiri - 08-05-2016, 01:30 AM