the Rift

black and blue [vol vs ru]

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

THROW THE BAIT, CATCH THE SHARK, BLEED THE WATER RED
FIFTY WORDS FOR MURDER AND I'M EVERY ONE OF THEM

The summer nights hold little respite from the fierce heat of the day, and the stallion's black fur is moist with sweat as he marches through the forest. It is dark, the moon a half-eaten crescent in the sky which casts very little light into the forest below. What sparse light there is is eaten by the thick canopy, resulting in poor visibility; danger lurks in the twisted roots that could easily bend and break an equine foot, and in the low-hanging branches that could accidentally spear into an equine eye. The world beneath the trees is one of mingled shadows and and twinkles of savage eyes in the undergrowth, all of which receive loud snorts and pinned ears from the obsidian monolith who wanders through this particular realm with considerably more care than usual.

Although the beast often lurks in the forest without any true purpose, tonight he actually has something he wishes to accomplish. He has fought in the heat of the Tallsun day, and torturous it was; now he intends to fight during the only-slightly-less-stifling night, to truly sharpen his abilities. The last time he fought with limited sight, against Seanan, it was an unmitigated disaster. That blindness was brought about by mud and rain, but in the scorching summer heat there is little chance of him finding another storm in which to battle anytime soon. Another form of half-sight will have to do - an almost moonless night.

The giant, for all his flaws, learns from his mistakes. He was not good enough when he fought Seanan, and he needs to improve if he is to take and hold a throne. His third year has arrived and it won't be long before he can no longer use his tender age as an excuse not to rule - he is not a boy anymore.

His dragons are with him, as always, but he does not intend to use them. Just like when he fought Seanan, he knows he must fight without their help, in order to improve his physical assets. The red and gold-scaled beasts are certainly useful, and they growl their distaste at him not allowing them to help, but it is for good reason. They lurk in the darkened branches above him, hissing slightly as they dangle their tails like vines underneath them.

Volterra finds a suitable patch of trees - near to where he fought Orithia - that are quite close together, but not so much so that it's impossible to move between them. Deeming this a suitable battlefield, he sends up a stallion's battlecry, calling for an opponent.

Teaching spar for @Ru !

Set in the Deep Forest at midnight, so quite poor visibility amongst the trees. Trees are quite close together, so space is limited. Feel free to have the first attack! :D And it's up to you whether Vol will use his magic/dragons! Good luck :)

0/3 - words

My main teaching notes will come after your first attacking post, but as this is your first spar here's just a couple of things to bear in mind (and I'd definitely recommend reading the fighting pages of the guidebook if you haven't already :D) :

- Your spar posts need to be 800 words or under. If you go over the wordcount, you'll be penalised! :C You don't have to use all 800 words, but I always try to use as many as possible to make sure I've described my attacks well enough!

- We both have three fight posts each, however the person who attacks first also has a closing defence post where they react to the attacks in their opponent's final post.

- The success of your attacks is determined by dice roll. So, after every attacking post you make, a dice will be rolled in this forum to determine whether your attacks hit or missed, and how much damage they caused. The dice isn't rolled for each individual attack - it's only rolled once for each post. So even if you do three attacks in one post, there will still only be one dice roll - if the dice rolled a hit, it'd be up to your opponent to decide which attacks they took damage from, and how.

- Our characters both have HP, which is deducted from every time we're hit by our opponent (and also if we roll a critical miss, in which case we take damage from ourselves). The HP you have left after all six dice rolls (three for each person) makes up the first part of the judging formula. So, say opponent A has 40 HP left afterwards, opponent B has 45 HP. Then, the content of our fight posts is judged (how easy our posts were to read, how well we took damage, the realism of our attacks, our prose - basically, the writing in our fight posts) out of a maximum score of 16. This is doubled, then added onto the HP we have left from the dice rolls. So, say opponent A scores 8 (doubled = 16), opponent B scores 5 (doubled = 10) - that would mean the final tally is opponent A = 56, opponent B = 55. So opponent A would win the fight :D

- You can attack as many times as you want in each post, but make sure to keep it realistic!

Any questions or anything that isn't clear, feel free to PM me or mention it in your posts <333

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
black and blue [vol vs ru] - by Volterra - 08-03-2016, 03:45 PM
RE: black and blue [vol vs ru] - by Ru - 08-04-2016, 04:03 AM
RE: black and blue [vol vs ru] - by Volterra - 08-05-2016, 10:12 AM
RE: black and blue [vol vs ru] - by Ru - 08-07-2016, 02:58 AM
RE: black and blue [vol vs ru] - by Volterra - 08-15-2016, 02:05 PM
RE: black and blue [vol vs ru] - by Ru - 08-26-2016, 03:38 AM
RE: black and blue [vol vs ru] - by Volterra - 08-29-2016, 02:12 PM
RE: black and blue [vol vs ru] - by Ru - 08-29-2016, 05:59 PM
RE: black and blue [vol vs ru] - by Time - 09-01-2016, 11:22 AM