the Rift

[DROP] Southward, to the Sea [EARTH MAGIC DROP]

Ahvelyn Posts: 44
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 13 [Orangemoon] HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen
Ahvelyn

Helovia had not changed in the time that I had laid low in its lands. It was still magical and inexplicable, still filled with wonders that I was too old to be shocked by. When I arrived at the Thistle Meadow that night I was more preoccupied with keeping my hair free of the tangling grasses than attending to whatever exciting event had gathered the crowd. Nonetheless I found myself moving closer, craning my neck to see over the mass at whatever small thing had caught their collective eyes.

When it was only a few small lights, I chuckled. I'd seen lights like those die out of eyes, it was no particular treat to watch them hover above a drying river. Thusly, when the badger-faced mare pronounced their beauty in an almost breathless manner, I couldn't help but roll my eyes. I cast my gaze at a skull-faced stallion nearby, who seemed almost as uninterested as I was. He certainly had chosen to say nothing in awe of the little things, and I appreciated that much. I only snorted at him, not much for talking to strangers, but I made a note to watch how he acted for the rest of the encounter.

It was Johnny that I moved closer to, for though I had found his sweetness to be almost irritably cloying at times it was good to see someone I knew that I could assure wouldn't be after my back. After all, could the pony even reach me if he tried? Something like a smile slipped over my features and I approached him from behind, reaching to try and nudge him behind and between the ears. "Neither is your sugar I imagine, Johnny," was all I said as I looked down at the lights, hearing faint words coming from their nondescript forms. As if not sure that they were really speaking, I looked around. There was nothing to see, however, but a collection of Helovia's oddest. Some foals--including the snow-white one from the battles of the Rift gods, now older but still small, still vulnerable in my eyes--but not one of the gathering looking like they made any sense together.

But that was helovia, wasn't it?

""

Quotes and notes
background image credit to Angela Wolf at flickr.com

Seeking:
[EarthxDark:: Can summon steel blades on body from stripes.]
[Restrictions:: Blades can be removed with extreme pain and rust away over site-year. Can craft 3 small, 2 medium, or 1 large blade per season.]

No priors.

Mentions @Volterra @Johnny and Erthe @Chan

Messages In This Thread
RE: Southward, to the Sea [EARTH MAGIC DROP] - by Ahvelyn - 08-06-2016, 06:44 PM