the Rift

[DROP] Southward, to the Sea [EARTH MAGIC DROP]

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

VOLTERRA
you will remember me for centuries
His sons appear surprised - neither could possibly be more surprised than Volterra himself, however. Inside his mind, he can feel conflicting emotions from his dragons. Vadir is quite disgusted with his altruism - she thinks his children should have had to fight tooth and nail for this prize, and that includes beating their own father. Her red brother, however, is proud of Volterra's actions, and radiates happy thoughts into his mind.

Both Tyrath and Kid step forth to attempt to win the prize, and the stallion channels all of his energy into praying to the Gods that they will succeed. As he does, another familiar figure approaches - goodness, how she's grown. She's no longer a miniscule little filly, all puppy fat and gangly legs - she is well-proportioned and clearly on her way to womanhood. She touches a nose to his shoulder and he huffs air from his nostrils in return, his ears spinning upon his head to demonstrate his pleasure at seeing her. Last time they met, he was still numb from the aftermath of what happened with Isopia - she made him laugh, and set him along the path to bringing himself out of his stupour. "Erthë," he grunts. "There are my sons, Kid and Tyrath. Boys, this is Erthë, an old friend of mine." 'Friend' is not a term he uses loosely - he has few friends, yet he has known this filly for several years and spoken with her quite a lot in that time, so she certainly fits into that category.

Another mare approaches, this one unfamiliar. She's an attractive thing, with matte-black fur accented by blue stripes, and three vicious-looking horns perched on top of a well-sculpted face. Given he's in polite company, he forces his eyes not to roam too openly across her, and instead focuses on her words. He notices that she avoids eye contact; he often performed such behaviour himself in his youth as a way to acknowledge a superior (namely his mother), and thus makes no attempt to force the issue by staring straight at her. Instead, his own crimson gaze darts between her, Erthë and his sons, never lingering for too long on any of them whilst his mind idly stews the day's events.

The new mare offers her support of his actions, stating that it's rare to see a father so supportive of his offspring, and the goliath dips his head slightly in acknowledgement. Inside, the first ebbings of pride begin to materialise, but it's an almost...humble pride, if that is possible. He is usually the sort of man to delight and revel in any praise, especially if it's about his physical abilities, and his already-large ego is always in search of further inflation. But this...is different. This is not something he's done with the sole purpose of gaining respect or praise. It was done because it was the right thing to do, and as such he does not feel the usual increase in arrogance that he often does after performing something successfully. "It is the least I can do. I have not been the father to them that I should have been, but it seems only right that I put them first whenever I can." It is spoken quietly, intended for the blue-striped mare's ears only, although it is possible his sons or Erthë could hear if they shifted closer at that moment.

His attention is snatched by the floating creatures, who give their prize to a bay mare rather than Kid or Tyrath. Disappointment nips at his chest, but he accepts that sometimes, even his sacrifice is not enough to ensure success for his children. There will be other opportunities, however, he is sure of it. With a dip of his head to Erthë, Tyrath, Kid and the blue-striped unicorn, Volterra moves to leave the area.

LINEART: DARYA87.DA

Speakes to @Erthë and @Ahvelyn . Chan and Jen, if you both want threads set after this, I'm more than happy to <33

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Southward, to the Sea [EARTH MAGIC DROP] - by Volterra - 08-13-2016, 08:43 AM