Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

OPHELIA                

Just one beat of your heart, and stranger than fantasy

I knew from the start you had to be the place for me

Is your love strong enough?

The only other beast she had met who loved the snow falling in pure, perfect white was Mauja, but he had removed himself from the world. She understood. Before she was able to reconcile herself with the darkness of her past and the strangeness of her own mind, she had fled to the mountains, living in the solitude of white and rock. That was a dark time. She had fallen into a hole and could take nothing more of this life. The doors were locked around her, and she was trapped with the vivid, brutal collection of memories in her own mind. What lay behind the open doors was brighter than her past. Was it worth the journey? Was it just a foolish task?

Often, she felt sorry for herself when she opened up her eyes, knowing that she would not forget a single breath of the moment she took in. But self-pity was for fools. She was stronger now, and she would take advantage of the memories she had thought were a curse. The mare was a lethal weapon of covert, secret force, but her heart was kind and her soul was honest. She would never exercise these abilities to the detriment of her friends, but everyone had a breaking point. Having her soul torn from her body in an attempted murder was the most extreme violence against her personage that she had experienced, and she was working on forgiving the creature who had tried.

Nyra remained unforgiving. Using a child as leverage to get at her father was wrong, and the fact that her father did not throw the Tides down at her hooves to get her back still stung - though she understood. The mare had always been odd. Quiet. Slow to speak. Observant. Keen. Intelligent. Social norms and cues were a bizarre and pointless game.

Two, odd colored eyes of violence and the ocean stared at the mountains in the distance, mountains she knew only too well. Her cloven hooves sank deep in the snow, and the cold, bitterly sharp flakes melted when they landed in her thick, pristine coat. The sting made her feel alive, and she let out a heavy sigh, a puff of white smoke wafting to the sky from her grey lips. She was not the same creature that she was back then, but as she looked out at the vast expanse of emptiness, she could not help but feel completely alone.

Tinek, a silver banner in the sky, drifted down, his young, spiked face showing concern. The mental bond he shared with the dragon did not fill all the chasms in her soul, but they mended many. He sneezed a breath of wickedly cold frost and then rolled in the snow, loving the cold. She closed her eyes and inhaled deeply, truly experiencing the wind's snowy breath as it danced across her lashes, lifting her mane from her neck.

CREDITS

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Stranger than Fantasy [Open] - by Ophelia - 10-22-2012, 09:17 PM
RE: Stranger than Fantasy [Open] - by Valentine - 10-23-2012, 08:27 AM
RE: Stranger than Fantasy [Open] - by Psyche - 11-04-2012, 11:48 PM
RE: Stranger than Fantasy [Open] - by Ophelia - 11-12-2012, 01:48 PM
RE: Stranger than Fantasy [Open] - by Valentine - 11-25-2012, 11:47 AM
RE: Stranger than Fantasy [Open] - by Psyche - 11-25-2012, 09:14 PM
RE: Stranger than Fantasy [Open] - by Ophelia - 11-27-2012, 07:55 PM
RE: Stranger than Fantasy [Open] - by Valentine - 11-28-2012, 08:46 PM
RE: Stranger than Fantasy [Open] - by Psyche - 12-01-2012, 04:47 PM
RE: Stranger than Fantasy [Open] - by Ophelia - 12-02-2012, 01:11 AM