the Rift

Stranger than Fantasy [Open]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

She recalled Giselle clearly, though Ophelia had not laid eyes on the mare but once. The grulla with the crimson mane and tail had tried to kidnap her sister in the Woodlands so long ago, and she had learned more about his father's sister through Ktulu's mind. Psyche was not a stretch to imagine for her family line in the least, especially not when she opened her sickly sweet maw to spill words of poisoned honey. Ophelia, Ktulu, Paladin and Donovan were the only beacons of light that shone from their murderous bloodline, and even then her father was a brutal warrior, she was a spy, Ktulu was a mercenary and Donovan had yet to appear from the depths of Isilme. Such a darkness, a taint seemed to live in their blood, flow through their veins and replicate like a virus, passing on the filth to the next generation, no matter the other parent. Each one of them was doomed.

The stallion was surprisingly honest in his response, and she nodded softly, thinking over his words. She knew better than most what it felt like to be lost in one's thoughts. Her mind made living in the past a tantalizing reality with its vividness. His lips touched the mare with affection, and she was familiar with the gestures of love by watching. The only affectionate touch of love ever expressed upon her was by her own sister, and her heart warmed at the thought of Ktulu. The dark sister would not hesitate to choke this stranger at a moment's threat, but would Ophelia pluck a memory from the half-sister's mind? Oh, it was tempting, so very tempting. Knowledge was power and she had the perfect means to attain it all.

Psyche was the name she was given, and Ophelia would remember that until the final breath of her life passed out of her lips. She would never forget the four white socks, the amber eyes, or the familiar pegasus feathers attacked to her mane. After what seemed like hours of studying the mare passed by in seconds, and she turned her attention back to her twin of appearance. "I understand being lost in your thoughts; tragedy seems to be easy to remember and easy to recall," she sympathized with an appropriate kindness. The tones of her voice were soft like chimes and delicate in their honesty.

Something akin to violence flashed in the black mare's eyes after her words, and she knew then that the mare was indeed a part of the former Edge. Ophelia stiffened for a moment, remembering the crawling apathy of death as it curled around her from Deimos' wicked magic. At least Tinek was hiding and her hybrid blood had gone unnoticed. With her cloven hooves and twisted horn, she was distinctly unicorn; without Tinek, who would know? "I do not envy your current predicament, especially not with King Mauja's injuries," she replied confidently. Ophelia had been in the cave that the ice stallion had retreated to upon defeat, and she had tried to comfort the injured stallion as he lamented the failure of his efforts. The dual eyed fae's expression shifted to a curious concern. "Have you seen him? He was recovering when I had to leave..." she trailed, remembering the beautiful kiss of frost as she stepped from the sheltered ice cave into the force of winter.

The mare introduced herself as Psyche, and Ophelia nodded her head politely. "Ophelia," she replied, wondering if she should call Psyche's bluff. With those keen, amber eyes, the white wraith knew that she had to be intelligent enough to realize her heritage. Not many carried the same, bloody red as her father, aunt, and ultimately, the cruel creator of their bloodline: Riekahn, the Crimson King of Dorngarrow. In a game of knowledge, Ophelia had to hold the upper hand, so she let a gentle smile cross her lips that, for once, did not reach her strange eyes. "My father fought against you in the war, I believe," she said, stating openly that they were of the same lineage and that she was indeed her father's daughter. "You and Giselle."

Dual crimson and blue never wavered from the piercing amber across from her.

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Stranger than Fantasy [Open] - by Ophelia - 10-22-2012, 09:17 PM
RE: Stranger than Fantasy [Open] - by Valentine - 10-23-2012, 08:27 AM
RE: Stranger than Fantasy [Open] - by Psyche - 11-04-2012, 11:48 PM
RE: Stranger than Fantasy [Open] - by Ophelia - 11-12-2012, 01:48 PM
RE: Stranger than Fantasy [Open] - by Valentine - 11-25-2012, 11:47 AM
RE: Stranger than Fantasy [Open] - by Psyche - 11-25-2012, 09:14 PM
RE: Stranger than Fantasy [Open] - by Ophelia - 11-27-2012, 07:55 PM
RE: Stranger than Fantasy [Open] - by Valentine - 11-28-2012, 08:46 PM
RE: Stranger than Fantasy [Open] - by Psyche - 12-01-2012, 04:47 PM
RE: Stranger than Fantasy [Open] - by Ophelia - 12-02-2012, 01:11 AM